Charity Hunt

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Local church was having a charity auction to help fund their school so I offered up a night hunt. A dad won the hunt for his two high school boys and we finally got to do the hunt a week or so ago.

It was a flooded muddy mess with rain off and on all night but they loved playing with all the night vision and thermals even though with the weather they did not look their best. Since everyone was new to night hunting I let them take turns one at a time using the Six8 Razorback with the 1-6x Vortex and Apollo clip-on.

Brother number one was really big into hunting so he took first contact. We spotted a pair of coyotes running across a field he took aim and made a nice 100 yard running shot taking one of them out.

Now it was brother number twos turn I showed him how to work the scope thermal combo and handed it to him for a look. Sure enough he says hey somethings out there, it was a coyote at a little over 200 yards! I got him the shooting sticks and with only five minutes time behind thermal he had his first kill lol!

Brother number one was back up to bat and it did not take long to find a good sounder of hog. Every time we got close they would go under a fence, after 30 minutes of trailing them we finally got a good position. He took his shot and knocked a good one down but they all ran into the tall grass and disappeared before he could pick up another one.

We spotted several more groups that night but they were on the move and we could never catch up to them with all the flooding, even though it was not a massive kill count they still seemed to have a great time!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good on ya TLM ! I think it'd be safe to say that you set the hook in a couple of the next generation of AR Hunters of hogs. Nicely done there Kemosabe.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job there. Nice hunt

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can tell by their faces they had a great time. Kudos to you for giving them a memorable hunt.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good on them and GOOD on you for doing that. Looks like they had a nice time. BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Giving back always pays dividends, you will be the talk of the Church! Those boys will never forget that experience!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very cool TLM. It's always good to spread good fortune to others.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a good hunt and for a good cause to boot.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's the way to "convert" new disciples. Looks like they had a blast even with the weather.