Charging coyote

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I started out using my typical routine of baby cottontail followed by adult cottontail and got nothing. Before I left I switched to coyote locator and heard some respond immediately, so my next thought was to try some aggressive coyote sounds and again I got nothing.

Over an hour had elapsed since I began with baby cottontail and have not seen anything but heard some nearby so I switched back to coyote locator and this one came running in looking for a fight right away.

Pretty exciting!!

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He was definitely lookin' for someone to connect with. Probably NOT what he had in mind though. Way to stay with him.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
closer, closer...lol

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
closer, closer...lol
Ya,

I think he ran in to about 60 yards. I just pulled the trigger on the first shot.... Hahaha

The mosquitos were fierce last night. I think I sprayed deet on my phone. None of the pics would come into focus.

image_zpsxbikp4pm.jpeg

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah you shot at the right time he was about to bolt...oh no not the deet, that stuff will ruin anything

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hopefully there's no chemical reaction to the phone (with the DEET). I have two knives which the black rubbery scales are sticky/tacky/gooey, due to chemical reaction. I suspect it was from Ben's 100% DEET getting on them during a hunt years ago.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That bug spray can be destructive. Nice shooting on that yote in high gear.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've got a recoil pad that sticks to everything now thanks to Deet, and a ruined watch face. Cheap plastic watch.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dog down. Nice job!