Cellular feeder game cam hits again.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After another dry spell, and greatly reduced activity as of late, the lone boar who I've been watching on the game camera in the mornings after his late night raids on the feeder decided to show up at 9ish last night.

538v3l.jpg

I was all ready geared up to check another spot when the pic hit my cell, & I made a quick u turn and was off to the feeder just a mile away.

Sadly I was mostly up wind and had no other choice, so at about 500 yards I made my approach. Most of the stock was on a dirt road that I had cover from one of our large water wells. The last 50 or so yards was in tall grass. Being up wind it was rough. I thought for sure this guy was big enough to get me into the club so my heart was pounding a bit more then usual.

It was just light enough I could easily see the 100 yard spot I usually park the truck, I however decided on 120 yards and bump up the Zeus to 2x. After stopping to check several times he was still munching on corn. It didn't take long once I had the tripod setup, and luck would have it he was broadside to me. Boom one shot to the back of the head and he was down.

eu120j.jpg

I made a slow approach after a min, and checked him several times. Once I reached him I noticed he was still breathimg. I pulled out my judge and hit him with a 00 buck to the back of the head. That's it I thought and headed back to the truck to get the rest of my gear.

As I was rolling back up on him it was like he was trying to get up. I was shocked. I jumped out of the truck and hit him with 4 more rounds of 00 buck shot to the chest. He was still flipping his body around. I grabbed the .308 and aimed for the head. Lights out, he was done.

fxuekj.jpg

Oh ya... Sadly only 41" on the tape. Still took some meat and was a nice quick hunt.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's awesome! How do you get a picture to your cell phone?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They sure seem to be some of the toughest critters wandering about. Glad you anchored him and got some fresh pork too. Congrats. He's a nice lookin' boar.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those are tough little bastards! Several years ago, I shot a hog in the spine, rendering him unable to move. To put him out oh his misery, I thought I'd shoot him in the head with my .45. 4 shots later, he's still alive and pissed off. I shot him in the lungs x 2 with my suppressed .308, which pisses him off even more. I didn't want to waste another $10 in ammo, so I parked my Jeep's front tire on his chest. I carry a spear now for such occasions.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
very nice, last time that happened to me I just took out my fixed blade and did his heart and slit his throat! I hate wasting ammo

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Those big ones sure get your heart rate up. The closer I get to 250#, the bigger they look in the woods. The last couple looked like they should weigh at least 400# until I put the tape on them. Good job getting another one down.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great hog! I had a guy shoot several hogs one night. I went over an hour later to pick him and his hogs up. When I bent down to grab the hogs leg he kicked me. This thing had brain matter coming out of his head and was still alive. Weird.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well sir, that really did look like a yellow banner hog on camera.
That was a TOUGH hog!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tough is an understatement concerning big boars

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome hog!, Man he took a lot of lead!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still a good size hog! Technology at it's finest!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang another zombie hog. Amazing that they are so hard to kill.