Calling em up!

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So Friday night Curly Shuffle and his daughter come out to hunt the corn fields with me. The fields just haven't produced hogs during planting and after the success the previous night calling em in figured that was our best bet to see some pigs. Made our way to a field that sits in a river bottom and I know has lots of pigs. We pull up, scan and see a sounder in the pasture across the fence mixed in with the cattle. I hit the call but no response, figure we're too far away so we start walking toward the pasture stopping every 30 yards or so to see if they hear the call. We get about a hundred yards from em and one of the sows picks her head up looking our direction. We set up and watched as they all started our way, one sow leading way with about 8 piglets behind her then the rest of the sounder following. I was to the right, Curly Shuffle in the middle and his daughter far left. The lead sow started walking Ms. Piggy's direction getting in line with the cattle in the pasture behind her, getting within 20 yards of us. Obviously not able to shoot that direction I told CS to shoot the next adult coming in that gave us a safer shot. Sure enough he opened up and let her rip as the pigs started scattering everywhere! As CS mentioned in the previous story it wasn't our best shooting but we did drop one and hit a couple others before they made it to the brush. Once again the call worked and drew them right into us! We didn't rack up big numbers but sure was a blast to call em like that!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good night of hunting! I need to get out and give the caller a try!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When we pulled up they all left,,, except one or two pigs. I thought they were gone. But Duffy gets the caller out, now the caller is off the phone linked to a speaker and he had it in a bucket!!?? No way were they going to come back. But as we made our way to them in a few yards at a time, slowly they all were back. I guess twenty yards from the fence is when they finally noticed the sound and here they come. Mind you we are in the open moving around (we were not statues) the daughter did not notice the lead sow which got very close and I had to point it out to her. She was focused on all the others, they kept coming and we just stood there and let them come and come they did. They did not care we were there one bit!! It was very cool having all them porks just coming to with in yards of us!!. Duffy told me to shoot towards the back at the bigger ones and I did, I was giggling the whole time I could not believe they came right up to us. All hell broke loose and the daughter whacked the one we got because she was moving slow after her shot and I think Duffy and I laid into to her also. Do not know how we missed the whole sounder and at the end I was a little miffed at my shooting so I cut loose on the little ones running away in the tall grass over a hundred yards away. It was perfectly safe and I finished off the clip. We looked for the others but could not find them but we really did not cross the fence. I guess that makes three nights in a row with that call in that bucket!!:) I really could not fathom they came in like that!!! IT WAS WAY COOL!!!! In a BUCKET NO LESS!!??:) plus the fact they could care less we were standing right there!!! Way much fun!!!
Thank you for the trip it was a blast and thanks for posting up the story!!!. BANG BANG!! Ken

Please be careful on your trip Duffy!!

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When we pulled up they all left,,, except one or two pigs. I thought they were gone. But Duffy gets the caller out, now the caller is off the phone linked to a speaker and he had it in a bucket!!?? No way were they going to come back. But as we made our way to them in a few yards at a time, slowly they all were back. I guess twenty yards from the fence is when they finally noticed the sound and here they come. Mind you we are in the open moving around (we were not statues) the daughter did not notice the lead sow which got very close and I had to point it out to her. She was focused on all the others, they kept coming and we just stood there and let them come and come they did. They did not care we were there one bit!! It was very cool having all them porks just coming to with in yards of us!!. Duffy told me to shoot towards the back at the bigger ones and I did, I was giggling the whole time I could not believe they came right up to us. All hell broke loose and the daughter whacked the one we got because she was moving slow after her shot and I think Duffy and I laid into to her also. Do not know how we missed the whole sounder and at the end I was a little miffed at my shooting so I cut loose on the little ones running away in the tall grass over a hundred yards away. It was perfectly safe and I finished off the clip. We looked for the others but could not find them but we really did not cross the fence. I guess that makes three nights in a row with that call in that bucket!!:) I really could not fathom they came in like that!!! IT WAS WAY COOL!!!! In a BUCKET NO LESS!!??:) plus the fact they could care less we were standing right there!!! Way much fun!!!
Thank you for the trip it was a blast and thanks for posting up the story!!!. BANG BANG!! Ken

Please be careful on your trip Duffy!!
I bought another bluetooth speaker couple days later and it puts out a better and louder sound. Got a JBL Charge, works pretty good.

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What type of call are you using?
The app is called Wild Hog Pro. I have a Moto droid phone so it's in the Google play store. It's a $4 charge for the app then a couple more bucks for Glenn Guess'4 calls, which has the sow hysteria call that I've used.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do think that if there is pork close by and they can hear that call they are going to come in without hesitation!!! Heck fire man we were in the open and they had no care in the world, they could see us plain as day!!! BANG BANG!!

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So Friday night Curly Shuffle and his daughter come out to hunt the corn fields with me. The fields just haven't produced hogs during planting and after the success the previous night calling em in figured that was our best bet to see some pigs. Made our way to a field that sits in a river bottom and I know has lots of pigs. We pull up, scan and see a sounder in the pasture across the fence mixed in with the cattle. I hit the call but no response, figure we're too far away so we start walking toward the pasture stopping every 30 yards or so to see if they hear the call. We get about a hundred yards from em and one of the sows picks her head up looking our direction. We set up and watched as they all started our way, one sow leading way with about 8 piglets behind her then the rest of the sounder following. I was to the right, Curly Shuffle in the middle and his daughter far left. The lead sow started walking Ms. Piggy's direction getting in line with the cattle in the pasture behind her, getting within 20 yards of us. Obviously not able to shoot that direction I told CS to shoot the next adult coming in that gave us a safer shot. Sure enough he opened up and let her rip as the pigs started scattering everywhere! As CS mentioned in the previous story it wasn't our best shooting but we did drop one and hit a couple others before they made it to the brush. Once again the call worked and drew them right into us! We didn't rack up big numbers but sure was a blast to call em like that!
thumbnail_IMG_20170304_005240045.jpg

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got the Wild Hog calls. I need to get a Bluetooth speaker or figure out how to download the calls to my Primos caller

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A bloody dead sow right there !!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I already downloaded the calls and my speaker came in today. Now, to get out and try it on pigs.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was thinking of using just my phone in my shirt pocket in the bedding areas instead of having a bluetooth, I wonder if it would be loud enough?

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was thinking of using just my phone in my shirt pocket in the bedding areas instead of having a bluetooth, I wonder if it would be loud enough?
For how you hunt in the brush if you get close enough it could work but a cheap lil bluetooth that you could attach on you somehow would reach out a lil better.

Lrtx1

LSB Member
Anyway to get Glenns sounds on a foxpro?