Busy Night: 4 Hogs, 3 Skunks, 2 Beaver, 2 hours chatting with landowers

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It was a really good night. Even with all the action, I was approached by landowners in different properties and ended up chatting with each for quite a while which really cut into my hunting time, but I still managed plenty of hunting.

The beavers are from a location where they move in and dam up the outflow channel on a pond and that floods the surrounding area and keeps the landowner from being able to get his machinery in there for tending and harvesting the hay.

The skunks are from a property where the guy has been overrun with them for a while. I have killed over 20 there since the new year, most within 100 yards of his front door.

The first hog was an interloper on a property I regularly check. The three additional hogs are from the new property that had the lawn shredded to hell that I mentioned in a previous thread.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A leaded treble hook on a bait caster for sunken beaver recovery, mbe? Pelts may be good for ammo cost?

Ya put a hurt on ol' Punky Pewster(s) too. Doin' the stanky tail afterwards too. Ack!! My stomach starts knotting a bit, just imagining the smell of those little bastages up close like. LOL

Nice hoggin' too. I was hopin' you'd nail all the adults and be able to mow through a case of Happy Meals too. C'est la vie.

Fun video, thanks for bringing us along.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good everything down!! LOL those hogs near the land owners house were running around like they were at a theme park.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Busy indeed! You’re having fun and successful hunts and the landowners should be happy too. Enjoyed the video, thanks! Looks like a very good night for all.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good shooting all around. Those skunks and beavers will keep you honed on your aiming.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting all around. Those skunks and beavers will keep you honed on your aiming.

Indeed! The skunks don't usually move too fast, but they are sometimes deceptively small.

Follow up shot speed was impressive! Nicely done.

At 35 yards, they were pretty close and were lined up nicely which made things a lot easier.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And STILL no skunk dissection
I just don't understand.

Or maybe I do …
But, good shooting all around regardless, and an entertaining video.