Burleson County fun

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMGP0577.JPG IMGP0576.JPG IMGP0577.JPG IMGP0577.JPG SteveR and I are at it again. We went to the pipeline for a little fun. When we got to the blind a large sow and her piglets were at the feeder. This was a very pretty colored sow almost like a brindle cow. We had decided to let me line up a few piglets and he was going to take the sow out. They never would get lined up for my shot and she finally had enough and they walked off.

We climb up in the blind and had just got comfortable when two sows and their piglets come out. We were going to take both sows, but one of them walked off into the brush. The other sow layed down in the road with her rear end to us and started feeding the piglets. We were kind of laughing about this when I realized the piglets were lined up. Steve tells me to take the shot and he will take the sow when she gets up. I take my shot and she was on her feet and gone so fast he missed. Got one for sure and two more left not feeling good. It's the small brown one in the pic.

A short while later a group of thirty to forty pounders come out. We did the countdown and it sounded like on shot. Two hogs on the ground this time. We sat their for a while and it was time for the NV to come out. Nothing more came in and he went to get the UTV. I checked a large field while he was gone. A lone boar was out with the cows. He made the mistake of putting about thirty yards between him and the cows. One 64 grain Nosler Bonded later at well over 150 yards and he was down. He taped out at 210 pounds. Looked a lot bigger than that.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good killing guys!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's right Steve. You would have to have Jerry Miculek's reaction time to even thing about getting her. I've never seen an animal go from happy laying down to gone in a split second.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I should have waited to post our kill counter. TLM just HAD to be 500.

SteveR

LSB Member
That's right Steve. You would have to have Jerry Miculek's reaction time to even thing about getting her. I've never seen an animal go from happy laying down to gone in a split second.
She sure didn't waste any time leaving her babies to their fate.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sigh

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMGP0596.JPG We did not make the Halletsville hunt this weekend. I came up to my place in Caldwell and went over to SteveR's. Nothing till right at sundown and a large sounder of about thirty hogs came in. There were four nice sows in the group and this one didn't make it. 223 SBR with 64 grain Nosler Bonded.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man what is with all these long legged pigs lately and the snout is long too. Is there a slender boar mounting every sow in Texas or what.

Nice one jgilbert, was that in the "pipeline".

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That looks like a race horse not a pig! Good shootin'

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes Wass. The same spot we hunted last week. I could hear hogs in the woods for over an hour before these finally came out. Got me a brand new Luna Laser and have not had to use it yet. Almost every hog I've killed in the past month has been in the day time. Not complaining mind you.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
BTW SteveR weighed it. 180 lbs.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job again. You guys keep laying them down.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ok, wait til dark tonight!

shooting hogs in the daytime just seems un-natural

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like great fun good shooting