Built a new Glock for shooting with night vision.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
Well, I built a new Glock up for shooting with night vision goggles.
It has:
Trijicon RMR RM06
Unity Tactical ATOM slide
Lone wolf threaded barrel
Surefire X300V
Suppressor sights
G22 Frame that I cut off to take 19 mags. I keep a G19 on me and in each of my vehicles, and in my BOB, so it only made sense to build this gun to take the plethora of mags I already have.

It is really hard to shoot with iron sights when using night vision, but with the red dot sight, it is awesome. You basically see a night vision image with a red dot floating in it.

My stamp should be back any day now to build a mini 9mm can for it that will be 5" long, and 1-1/4" in diameter.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought about doing something similar but with a 10mm 1911 and crimson trace IR laser grips. Nice rig though

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought about doing something similar but with a 10mm 1911 and crimson trace IR laser grips. Nice rig though
Really? They make an IR laser grip too? Love my CT grips.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great idea, what are you using for a holster?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yes, yes I did...that it waht my problem was w the viridian laser on my 19, got it but then sold the laser

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
yes, yes I did...that it waht my problem was w the viridian laser on my 19, got it but then sold the laser
I forgot about my own thread....again! Well, I know a guy around this place that makes a fine holster, I may have to do some horse trading with him....(paging Eric from Blackstone)...
For the time being, with a can, it drops right behind my mags in my little hog hunting tacticool chest rig. And no...I don't use it to carry a ton of mags, it's just that mag pouches happen to perfectly hold bottles of water too.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
Also an update.....I like shooting this better with the red dot than I do with my laser (x400v-ir-c). The frame of the sight disappears in the goggles and you just see a dot floating out in front of you, on your target. It is super fast and easy to find, and no one else can see it. Now if I would have just not been an idiot and got my can disapproved....it would already be quiet.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I shot a glock setup just like that. It was really easy to shoot with and quick to point. The downside is the hogs ran away with a lot of 9 mm bullets in them.

I have an fnx 45 tactical that I will eventually setup like this. I have some 255 grain semi wadcutters loaded and feed and fire great from it. I've recovered them from dirt/sand and they were in tact and penetrated 4-5 inches. They might work on hogs at close range. I'm waiting on my 45 octane stamp to come through.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
I shot a glock setup just like that. It was really easy to shoot with and quick to point. The downside is the hogs ran away with a lot of 9 mm bullets in them.

I have an fnx 45 tactical that I will eventually setup like this. I have some 255 grain semi wadcutters loaded and feed and fire great from it. I've recovered them from dirt/sand and they were in tact and penetrated 4-5 inches. They might work on hogs at close range. I'm waiting on my 45 octane stamp to come through.
Very good point! I have a feeling it will end up killing a lot of armadillo's and not get a lot of hog action. So what you are telling me to tell my wife is that I should do another 2 of them....one in 10mm and one in .45? I agree!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A 10mm is on my list of wanted pistols. I'm just waiting for other things to happen first. Like buying a Zeus.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
a 10 mm is a lot of handgun. I owned a glock and S&W, and shot a lot since the Bureau was considering going to them. BTW, I was on the weapons eval committee at that time and NO mfg could make one that would not malfunction in 10 mags of ammo. That was 34 years ago. We bagged that idea and Smith said they were going to sue but that did not last long since they could not meet the contract specs.

If you hit the tgt on the first shot it is great because you will not be on the tgt fast for the second shot. Just my thoughts and I probably have a couple K rounds down the pipe on several. Sold both mine.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
ive got two 10mm Glocks, an older Gen 1 model 20 and a 20SF. I don't mind the recoil and can shoot them pretty fast even with my MS and lack of feeling and motor functions in my strong arm.

BTW Aaron, looks good. As for holsters, I think there are quite a few kydex type holsters for use with a utl light, other than a duty type holster. The optics should be out of the way.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I do too Rick, as a finishing shot only...I know not ideal but that is what I carry.