Brazos river pig

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Went out Friday night. Checked 2 properties about an hour and a half away from each other. First property... Nada. Showed up at about 4 am to the other property. Saw a couple pigs rooting up a field just across a fence/neighboring property line that we have permission to shoot hogs across but not to walk across the fence line. Got set up. Shot the hog low chest so he would run off in the woods to die since I couldn't cross the fence to retrieve the body. Buzzards down by the river helped Ranch hand find/confirm the kill the next day... Sorry no pics.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've had an IR hunter do that to me a couple times.... Es no Bueno

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tough one on that hunt. A hunt just ain't right when there's no "laying on of hands".

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's not cool at all. The positive is that it did it on a single, not a big beautiful sounder.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That issue was talked about a few months ago. If I remember right, it was thought to be caused by the battery cap not being tightened down all the way giving the batteries room to bounce in the tube and lose contact.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That stinks.

I was hunting on a parcel a few years ago where the neighbor wouldn't let me cross over the property line. On several occasions, I left voicemails asking for permission to cross should I shoot anything and it cross onto his property. He always said no. One night, I shot a big sow and it crossed over to his property. I got a call 2 days later from the guy. The hog died on his property and he could not stand the stench coming from the rotting corpse. When I went to get the carcass, there wasn't much left, but it stunk to high heaven. Just so happened that the wind was blowing pretty much in a straight line from the carcass to his house.

He never denied me access to his property to retrieve downed hogs again.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had the same issue with my MK II when the battery got low. I checked the end cap and all was good till I shot again. Luckily I was at the range. Changed the battery out and all was good. Now I change the battery as soon as it drops below 75%. No problems since.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the Anker battery pack from UNV that lasts like 14 hours. The battery was below half full when it happened.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice going. Do not understand why folks are like that. Shoot at stuff but do not come across the fence. Does not make any sense!? BANG BANG!!