Black Friday Boar

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Doin' it . . and doin' it right. Yep,in the right hands,with the right equipment,crossbows are deadly . . . on just about any animal out there.
I enjoy your films and pics. And respect the effort that it takes to produce and post them. Just keep tellin' us all the details of equipment used and results (terminal ballistics) WITHOUT the hippity hop,head banging music and you'll have a fan in me.
Good going . . . really nice hog. ---- pruhdlr

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice to see a big hog fall to a broadhead. Good job Zen.
Excellent production on your video as well. Lots of work involved to finish editing & final production for us to see. Thanks!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting!

I am a bit concerned about your X-sight, however. Does it go out of focus after every shot? I suppose that would not matter so much on a crossbow, but that is a bummer if it can't hold focus.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A Dandy of a porker. There is a good amount of nice sized porkers on the camera!!! BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very cool, good job!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow! Nice hog there.
We'll definitely stay tuned for your next adventure!

Keep After 'Em!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting!

I am a bit concerned about your X-sight, however. Does it go out of focus after every shot? I suppose that would not matter so much on a crossbow, but that is a bummer if it can't hold focus.

The cap kept flipping up.
I am just going to shoot it with cap up.
I honestly can't tell the difference in clarity with it being on and off during the day.
Focal point is obviously different if looking through a small peep hole versus no lens cover.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot on the boar! What is the trick with covering your scent? I'll have to try it next time I'm bow hunting!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot on the boar! What is the trick with covering your scent? I'll have to try it next time I'm bow hunting!

Evergreen trees carry sap/scent year round. When we were hunting in Colorado and the wind was swirreling or wrong we would bury ourselves in evergreen trees snap a limp and hand rub the foliage in our hands. It puts off a strong almost mint smell. 2 occasions we had cow elk walk directly down wind of us and never scented us. Elk noses are incredibly receptive.

This boar came down from my 5:00 and still can’t in.