Bird Dog

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a rescued Greyhound her name is Elise. Yesterday she catches a Cardinal. I tied to get the bird and every time she bites down the bird squeaks. She ran off with the bird I assume she eats it. Today while cooking some brats on the grill I see her with something gray. I yell to my wife and say the dog has a squirrel. I say no it is a leaf. My wife comes to the back porch and says no it is moving. Well she had a dove this time. I get the dove no teeth marks and said we can eat this dove. She replies yuck. So I put the dove in the woods. If she had not seen it we would be eating the dove. What is funny my greyhound is now a bird dog. Had to be here. Way funny.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
She'll go nuts when the rabbit cycle hits right. LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went coyote hunting with a greyhound with some guys in Colorado. That greyhound was amazing fast and tore that coyote to pieces in seconds, a vicious attack and then back to the truck as sweet as could be.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used to raise and hunt Greyhounds as did my Grandfather. Rabbit and yotes were the primary targets, great dogs. You can really train them to do anything but they will always be FAST doing it...LOL

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow had no idea they would hunt coyotes. Wife just said hell no......... How did the dog do with gunfire mine hate loud noises.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No guns involved, no need.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No gun fire needed, they kill them for you. Run behind the yote, grab its tail, sink all 4 into the ground, yote stops, turns around to get it off the tail and the hound rips its stomach out. had a 45lb old bitch that did the deed every time she could catch them first. I had 17 dogs took 5-6 out at a time to hunt. The yotes cannot out run them. But then my dogs never were afraid of gun shots or any noise really.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No gun fire needed, they kill them for you. Run behind the yote, grab its tail, sink all 4 into the ground, yote stops, turns around to get it off the tail and the hound rips its stomach out. had a 45lb old bitch that did the deed every time she could catch them first. I had 17 dogs took 5-6 out at a time to hunt. The yotes cannot out run them. But then my dogs never were afraid of gun shots or any noise really.
Wow that is amazing never had idea they would catch anything but rabbits. Way cool this is our second rescue. They are amazing loving dogs she follows me around the house everywhere I go

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I knew about rabbits, but had no idea they'd take out a 'yote. Definitely fast enough and the lung capacity to do so. Gonna have to go on a YouTube search to see if anyone's got 'em on video in the field.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love them, had rescued some race dogs and trained for hunting. We hunted rabbits also, paid by the farmers to take them out, had a couple of the dogs that would retrieve them. Were hire once to take out 10 feral dogs killing goats, got them all in 2 days.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
pretty bad camera work

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cattle dog go out and bring the yotes to the hunters...I have seen this before, great dogs.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those are both great clips !!! Love it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The article I posted has a good one too, tells more than the rest just pics though, very good.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man that was amazing. I would worry mine would not come back the fixate on the prey and they are gone.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have had them gone all day, but you hunt w 4-5 or 6 dogs and they seem to all come home. You never want to hunt only 1 dog except maybe on a rabbit.