Big boar from last night

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey guys I just thought I'd share with yall this big boar. A close friend of ours that uses dogs to hunt and we let him hunt our land a lot, went out last night and got on this big boar. The pig actually killed one dog and sent to others to the vet for emergency attention. The other two look like they'll recover but it'll take awhile. One if which was the catch dog, a very large pit bull, got his leg bit in half by the hog.

Unfortunately we took a different truck then we hunt in to go get the hog from the ranch to take to our friend to cape out so I didn't have my tape measure. He was supposed to measure it last night when he started caping it so maybe I'll update with an official weight. But I'm fairly sure he is all over the 350 mark.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 22

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thats a big hog no matter what the weight. Good job there. Sorry to hear about the dogs though.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a bad ass hog, does he have vests on his dogs, never should be out w/o them. Good hog but sad for the dogs.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You'll sleep better knowing he's a dead one. Bad news on the dogs, sorry to hear that. Big cutters on that beast.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry to hear about the dogs, been there done that many years ago, with my cousins dogs.
He's a dandy hog!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some heavy teeth on that boar

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a bad ass hog, does he have vests on his dogs, never should be out w/o them. Good hog but sad for the dogs.
Yes sir. Always has vest on his dogs. This boar definitely knew how to use his cutters.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DANG!!!!! Now that is a DANDY hog!!! Double DANG!!! Nice going, hope the pooches heal up. There are some big ones still out there fo sure. Hope you get one bigger!!! BANG BANG!!

Thanks for the pictures!! Like seeing big ole nasty hogs like that!

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That had to be quite a scene with multiple dogs involved, and a hog that large. Thanks for sharing.