Bam! Factory RMR ready glocks

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hmmm, threaded barrel and a can and you have a nice rig. Looking like some good things coming from shot this year. Looking forward to more.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IR dot and gtg?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've seen those images a few weeks ago, so not sure how they 'leaked' them. I don't see much of a market for them. How would they be used in a practical sense? Hunting, competition, carry? I can see a limited hunting role, but only with the 10mm. Competition they're not legal I believe for anything other than IPSC Open class but you wouldn't stand a chance against the comped .38 Supers, etc.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've seen those images a few weeks ago, so not sure how they 'leaked' them. I don't see much of a market for them. How would they be used in a practical sense? Hunting, competition, carry? I can see a limited hunting role, but only with the 10mm. Competition they're not legal I believe for anything other than IPSC Open class but you wouldn't stand a chance against the comped .38 Supers, etc.
the market for them is the "Cool" factor.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I want it for work and to pop pigs with using helmet mounted pvs-14. They are fast and like having an eotech on a rifle. The .45acp will work for me.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Has anyone here used them besides me? These will be on every pistol before long. I can smoke another shooter of comparable skill using iron sights.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just remembering the line from "Sniper" (of Billy Zane's). I might be able to hit something with one of those on a Glock... damned grip angles on those things.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I carry a G20 as backup when pig hunting, and have an RMR in the safe waiting to go on it, as I was going to send the slide off to be milled when hunting slows down this spring. Now I'm wondering if a pre-milled longslide G40 would be a better route. Seems it would for sure as a dedicated hunting pistol, but as a backup that I carry on my hip, maybe the longslide would be too, uhm, long. Thoughts anyone?

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I carry a G20 as backup when pig hunting, and have an RMR in the safe waiting to go on it, as I was going to send the slide off to be milled when hunting slows down this spring. Now I'm wondering if a pre-milled longslide G40 would be a better route. Seems it would for sure as a dedicated hunting pistol, but as a backup that I carry on my hip, maybe the longslide would be too, uhm, long. Thoughts anyone?
The long slide has two main advantages. First, an improved sight radius. Second, a little more velocity due a more complete powder burn resulting in less fireball.

The reflex sight imposes a single aiming point in your line of vision without the need to align anything. Just put the dot on the pigs eye and let it fly. The aiming advantage has been negated.

One could argue that the long slide is no better and no worse than the regular length model.

For me it will be about feel. Balance and point-ablity.

If I use a longer barrel, it will be to hang a suppressor on it.

Don't get me wrong, I want the reflex on my 10mm, just don't know that it has to be a long slide.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think they will mill all Glocks eventually but who knows on what time frame.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Never, give me iron sights for combat, if I had a compensated gun, then I'd take the red dot, when I was shooting IPSC all the time, keeping the sights inline for fast shooting is key to speed/accuracy, recoil plays a factor here. Turning on the sight for combat use, well, ummm, you'll have to say "hold on a second, I have to turn on my sight lol.

I did shoot an Open class 38 Super a few times, thing barely recoiled with the comp, but at times you still have search for the dot.

But I do have a similar setup on my PMR30 as the Glock.

146588889.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There are two options one is on all the time and does not require batteries the other does.