Baiting for hogs video

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is a very basic video showing and explaining the methods used, and why we bait for hogs.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another great tutorial for the newbies. Thanks for mentioning the "rub post", used to put out burnt motor oil years ago, but forgot about it. I wonder if using a 6" pipe to soak a landscape timber in for a few days would be more effective?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for putting in the extra time, always open to ideas. BANG BANG!!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wasn't knocking it, Heck I consider myself one of the newbies. Especially trying to figure out NV, thermal, etc. I read Franks post over the weekend, about making the roll barrel. I would have put a couple of 2" holes in it, and they would have emptied it in a single night. Franks idea to put 1/2" or 9/16" holes is spot on. Keep em coming back, but don't feed em.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know besides getting them to the feed and being a pig eating all the time, these things give them something to do. We use to put bowling balls in the pens with them and they would have fun with them instead of chewing on each other. I think it makes them work for the food plus get some play time in too. Just my 2 cents. They are curious critters. PIG PIG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I am down to 1, 9/16 hole now...lol Rubbing post I use a tree or a 4x4 and wrap w carpet...also use Kreso-dip mixed w water that smells like creosote. Bowling balls that is a great idea!

Last edited:

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
....will have to take some of the carpet we are removing from the offices we are replacing up there and start tacking it to some of the trees near the barrels this weekend. Guess I'll just soak them in diesel. Ought to work?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use kreso-dip from the feed store or old motor oil

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wild Boar USA / Ugly Dog Ranch

tack a scrap of carpet to a tree or wrap a natural fiber rope around the trunk and soak with this stuff. put it about two feet off the ground

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yep he cut off his own forum!...lol