bacon wrapped devil

D

djones

really thought i got on top of the jam problem. cleaned rifle thoroughly and reoiled with motor oil. even cleaned the buffer tube, spring and buffer. manually cycled through a full mag. only failure was stripping the first shell when loaded full with 25 rounds, but i tapped the bolt and it chambered. factory ammo this time. the hunt was on...

got on a spooky herd i had been tracking for a while. roads too flooded to get close in vehicle so i snuck in on foot. sure i wanted a lot of kills, but i wanted a lot of shots too. after the first shot i kept the hammer rolling. i think i could have brought the second one down if not for the malfunction. same type... failure to feed. seems most common now a few rounds into the mag but who knows.

IMG_1054_zpszflcj5wo.jpg

on to the next spot and wouldn’t you know it... a volunteer to test the rest of the mag. i got within range and let him have it. pretty sure i got him on the first pop but you can never be too sure about these bacon wrapped devils. i fired a couple more times and before i knew it the last 15 or so rounds made it out. tonight i try a different lower. that’s the last thing on the list. if it still jams... plan b.

IMG_1057_zpskckrcr1x.jpg

not sure if i got this yote or not. i never saw it come out the other side but i never found him either.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang I sure hope you get that issue figured out.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice ones Rambo. So what is plan B?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Couple of fine hogs there. Looked to me like you got the 'yote in the ham. Sure hope you get to the bottom of your rig's malfunctions.

D

djones

that does it. 4 jams in one magazine. was going to examine the video but the chip had partially ejected. killed four hogs too. sux to be me. plan b is to have someone smarter than me look at it. of course that could be just about anybody here except scrambler. alternatively, if someone else wants this gun worse than me, i'll make you a helluva deal.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that does it. 4 jams in one magazine. was going to examine the video but the chip had partially ejected. killed four hogs too. sux to be me. plan b is to have someone smarter than me look at it. of course that could be just about anybody here except scrambler. alternatively, if someone else wants this gun worse than me, i'll make you a helluva deal.

Dot be mad cause I read more gooder than you!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Had same issue with mine. Replaced bolt. Bolt was manufactured at the end of the tooling life of the bit or something, was not right. Went to Grainger, got correct tiny drill bits and drilled gas port in barrel, it was way too small. I over drilled it a bit so it kicks a hair harder but cycles perfectly. You can look for the port size on line...buy the bits and see what fits in the hole to see if it is drilled properly. Make sure you get extra bits....you are DJ and you will probably break them. lol

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down none the less! Ugh I've been having some jamming issues with the new 6.8 rig as well ... hope you get yours running smooth!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
doode... you're killin me!!!

snake,
since you have experience in these matters, you should buy it. half price sound about right?
I also have experience with throwing stuff that doesn't work!! Ha!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang man. Good luck. Nice shooting though... When the gun worked :/

D

djones

pretty sure i've got the jam isolated to something out of spec in the upper. a friend's upper works on my lower and my upper doesn't work on his lower. and btw... the cpd mag functions perfectly in his gun. it won't even fit in mine.

going to send it off for evaluation. what to use in the meantime...

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just point and go Bang...bang. Same results.:eek:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, even I'm starting to feel sorry for you over that rifle... You're hell on em when it works though!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DJ is gonna use JAM JAM instead of Curly's Bang Bang

D

djones

hardy har har... let's all make fun of dj and kick him when he's down. oh wait a minute... let's put on our steel toed boots first. well go ahead and have your fun while you can. it just so happens i have a part coming in that will fix the jam problem. by the end of next week i'll be delivering mag after mag to hogs right in the faaaace. i suggest you all buy stock in hornady cause god only knows the damage i'm prepared to inflict.