Armasight Zeus Reticle

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got a non-Pro 640 3x75mm 640 30Hz. I sent it back in 7/2016 for hte software upgrade. Ever since I got it back, the reticle is hard to see when no animals are in the picture. When there is something hot in the picture, the reticle brightens up enough. IS there a way to turn up the reticle's brightness?

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Without seeing the scope itself, I would guess that all your settings got reset. Have you trying working with the brightness and contrast?
I haven't checked the contrast lately. Since getting the firmware update 17 months ago, I did watch Todd's excellent video and set the contrast to +3 or so (I use white hot) and set sharpness to 55, Smart Scene to 24, Gain to 30 and AGC to 20. I didn't think about going back to revisit to see if the settings had been reset to defaults. Last time my battery died, it did default the crosshairs, so I need to check the settings. Thank you for pointing out what should've been extremely obvious to me!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’ve got the exact same unit that also has the firmware upgrade. FWIW I run black hot with white reticle and haven’t noticed any issues. But then I’m a set it and forget it type of user. It would probably serve me well to check out the video on suggested settings and compare to mine, which are likely at or near factory defaults.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’ve got the exact same unit that also has the firmware upgrade. FWIW I run black hot with white reticle and haven’t noticed any issues. But then I’m a set it and forget it type of user. It would probably serve me well to check out the video on suggested settings and compare to mine, which are likely at or near factory defaults.
The video is a good one. The short version of it are the numbers above for white hot. For black hot, change the contrast number to the negative range.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The video is a good one. The short version of it are the numbers above for white hot. For black hot, change the contrast number to the negative range.

Thanks, I’ll make a note of those numbers and check out the video.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, I had a chance to check the contrast and now it is working a hell of a lot better. I think it was set at -4 or so. Changing it to positive 3 made all the difference in the world. I guess i had it written down wrong (or didn't catch when Todd said the positive number range was for white hot, which I use). On the plus side, I did nail the biggest most pregnant sow of my hog career Saturday night. If she were any bigger, her teats would have had scabs on them. We estimated that she would have dropped the 11 piglets within 10 days. Figure that that one 120 grain 6.8 pill took out 80 pigs over the next year.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My first question before you figured it out is for scanning why would you want a bright reticle? It goes bright when the scan reveals something and that would seem much better than scanning with distraction of the reticle?