Armasight Zeus 3-24x75mm 60hz Firmware Version

marksrig

I've had my Zeus at Flir for a month and they're telling me there isn't an update even available. A month! to tell me that! I see videos of the upgrade so I would like to get the FW# to them.

If you have this model, what is your Firmware version?
Does it now have Gain Control and AGC Speed?

Appreciate the feedback so I can try to motivate Flir. I miss Armasight.

Mark

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You might have the latest firmware already installed. I don't think flir is updating the firmware very often anymore.

marksrig

You might have the latest firmware already installed. I don't think flir is updating the firmware very often anymore.
I sent it there in late november to have them upgrade it with the firmware that came out in 2016. I got it back today after being there 6 weeks. They ended up replacing it. The replacement looks like the newer generation and definately has the upgraded firmware. I don't think it's brand new, but it might be. It's pretty cold here and the temps didnt change much all day so the thermal signatures are really muted. I'm still evaluating this scope, but it's already better than what I sent them based on the upgrade.
The customer service at Flir was extremely difficult to deal with. In the end I got what I needed and I'm happy.

marksrig

UPDATE: Well I decided to send back the replacement scope after having it a week. It's pretty obvious after watching some subjects moving in my FOV that this isn't running at 60Hz. Yep! They shipped me a bum scope. It looks more like 15Hz. Now I'm sure it'll be another 6 weeks to hear back that they read the RMA and are thinking about it. Crap! I guess I'm at their mercy. Can't get a hold of anyone in repair, but I did talk to a couple nice guys that were interested in helping me. they said they're getting more customer service people to help soon. We'll see it actually happens.

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I found that it helps to identify the manager or even an executive and make contact. Describe your issue in a professional tone and things get done in a hurry. At least that was my experience with Armasight/Flir. Staying on top of it with emails every few days is good also.

marksrig

So OTS repair looked at the scope and said he found absolutely nothing wrong. My friend and I both saw the scope stuttering while panning or while objects crossed the FOV. Either I wasnt describing the condition well enough or OTS didnt take enough of a good look. It's a subtle issue but definately there. Anyway. they said they would send another new unit out when they come in on backorder in 6-8 weeks. Frick!

marksrig

UPDATE:
So I finally received the Zeus back. Took 3 month but they shipped a different one to me. This one is definately new and came with all the papers and accessories. Direct shipped from their sales department. Looks and works perfect with an awesome picture.