ARMASIGHT PRO-LINE THERMAL COMPARISON

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I will add more text later today but for now here are the videos.

Please feel free to share these videos on other forums, social media, anywhere you think they will help people out, ect.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent, helps a lot

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the end where it has all the different images. Works well for visual peeps like myself. That might be a good one to compare the different models side by side. Nice work!

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Posted to the hide ...

How do you like/not like the mounts? Do they grab on solidly to all the rifles you've mounted them on? I ask because I've had an issue with the 2 latch mount on the COLR and I think the larger Pro-lines are using this same mount.

==
Also posted to Sniper Central. Lately I've been getting more hits per post on SC than on SH, certainly wasn't the case last year ... but with the move to "Scout" SH has not yet recovered the activity level.

Last edited:

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do the 30mm models have the single lever mount?

Great videos you are going to cost me some cash now!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Posted to the hide ...

How do you like/not like the mounts? Do they grab on solidly to all the rifles you've mounted them on? I ask because I've had an issue with the 2 latch mount on the COLR and I think the larger Pro-lines are using this same mount.

Word on the street is all the new pro lines are going to have a new mount made in the USA. But in the short time I have used the 100mm it has stayed in place. I've heard of people having problems with the mounts in the past all of the scopes I have used mounted right up, maybe because the LWRC rails are to spec I do not know. I know Delta is having some aftermarket mounts made also.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do the 30mm models have the single lever mount?

Great videos you are going to cost me some cash now!
Yes they had a single lever.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the end where it has all the different images. Works well for visual peeps like myself. That might be a good one to compare the different models side by side. Nice work!

I hope to make it where you can click on each small video so you can see it in full screen mode over the next week.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
The only rifle I've had a problem with is the 7.62 (I used in Jan) and only with the 2 lever COLR mount. It feels tight, but then when I shoot it, it comes loose (just a little, but a little is too much). COLR never comes loose on .338LM or .308WIN bolts guns ... only on the 7.62. And the Apollo with the single lever mount never comes loose on the 7.62 or .308WIN. I guess the Sig716 7.62 rails are a little too narrow, but the 2 lever rail grabber is supposed to be adjustable and I adjust the hecque out of it and still have issue. All other scopes, mounts I use on the 7.62 work fine. Even the PS-22 which has an older style mount, though still adjustable.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Just a constructive comment on those multiple videos at the end ... the red lettering doesn't seem optimal in terms of placement and seems to "bleed" against a darker background. The placement disrupts ability to see the subject getting in/out of the vehicle, etc. Could the lettering be moved to the upper left? That might reduce the bleed issue as the bleeding didn't seem to be as bad on light background and not much going on in the upper left. But in general I've had problems with red lettering bleeding when adding to pics. I try to avoid red lettering.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just a constructive comment on those multiple videos at the end ... the red lettering doesn't seem optimal in terms of placement and seems to "bleed" against a darker background. The placement disrupts ability to see the subject getting in/out of the vehicle, etc. Could the lettering be moved to the upper left? That might reduce the bleed issue as the bleeding didn't seem to be as bad on light background and not much going on in the upper left. But in general I've had problems with red lettering bleeding when adding to pics. I try to avoid red lettering.

I tried white and there was not enough contrast, tried green people complained they could not see it, tried blue got the same complaints, so I used red. To change it would require pulling the video, re editing all 9 video clips so it's stuck where it is!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only rifle I've had a problem with is the 7.62 (I used in Jan) and only with the 2 lever COLR mount. It feels tight, but then when I shoot it, it comes loose (just a little, but a little is too much). COLR never comes loose on .338LM or .308WIN bolts guns ... only on the 7.62. And the Apollo with the single lever mount never comes loose on the 7.62 or .308WIN. I guess the Sig716 7.62 rails are a little too narrow, but the 2 lever rail grabber is supposed to be adjustable and I adjust the hecque out of it and still have issue. All other scopes, mounts I use on the 7.62 work fine. Even the PS-22 which has an older style mount, though still adjustable.

That's all I have used the new 100mm on the .308/7.62 REPR no issues. The 50mm's I used on the A5 and Razorback Six8's they worked well. But I also welcome the better mounts!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have taken down part two making some slight changes adding in the color pallets, and will make it where you can click on the small picture in picture video to take you to the full screen video.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you ever lose your day job you might consider.....

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
youtube editor/producer

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Part two has been replaced instead of doing a separate video for each scope I am doing a part 3 that will show them all full screen.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Takes some doin to post all that up. Thanks for doing that. Very informative. Those are some nice outfits. SCOPE SCOPE!!