Armasight Pro-line, Standard, W1000 side by side.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a few thermals to look at for a few days. The Zeus pro 640 4x 100mm, Zeus pro 640 50mm, Zeus 640 3x 75mm, Apollo 640, and the W1000. Here is a quick look at them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
a table full of goodness!

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Nice pile of germanium :D
Hope to see some video of the big boy toyz, I just got my angel eyes and 18650 battery pack set up on my armasight.
The 18650 pack +7.5hr runtime and angel eyes around 3hrs record with screen off. Once the fields dry up around here I will post some video.
I wish they would get rid of the hold left/right to change reticle color as well as the change reticle style with the quick buttons. If you cannot decide on a reticle color & style, put the big boy toyz down. Would be much better to be able to switch thru the preset scenes and preset gain settings with the left/right quick press & long hold for preset gains, as this will change with temps, terrain, and humidity and you wont know what works best with out trying them on the fly. Takes too long using the menus to set a scene type then change the settings contrast level.

Last edited:

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
INTERESTING

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I only have this stuff for a few days so let me know what you want to see and I'll try to show it.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Difference between the 100, 75, 50 fov looking at the same landscape would be nice.
This would show what you get for the higher $$$, or what you won't get (FOV) with the larger lenses.
I have a hand held for scanning so the thermal scopes narrow fov is fine because it gives more magnification and clarity, much much more.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't find any advertised detection/identification ranges on armasight thermal products. So seeing their capabilities at longer distances would be nice. But probably a lot of work

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Blakester I spotted that mountain lion at 800+ yards when it was warm using the Zeus 640 3x 75mm so the 100mm has to be pretty far detection.

I only have all of these for a few days, because they are what a hunting TV show is using to hunt and film with. I'll be a guest hunter on the show. That's about all I can say right now.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I've detected cattle out to about 2100yds plus or minus 100yds (there were about 30 of them in a group). I can say I identified them as well, because there are no other groups of creatures that large and that numerous that haunt that particular ground. This was with Apollo 336, 42mm lens. Depending on conditions I would expect to be able to detect out farther. I don't know of a spot I can see from my land that has cows on it that is farther away.
With 3x magnifier on L-3 I've detected bales cut lying in a pasture at 2.5 miles plus or minus 200yds. The dispersion looked a bit like cattle, but when I put the Apollo on them I could not see them, I knew there were bales lying in that pasture and then next day as I drove by there a confirmed they were bales. And I've never seen cows on that pasture. You either bale or you put cows on it or you leave it and that guy bales that pasture.
At 2100yds, the cows look like white blobs, or blobs of blobs. But they are large enough and hot enough to be detectable, at least under most conditions I face.
In heavy mist, I've detected Turkeys at 150yds +/= 25yds. Based on behavior, I could eventually tell that some of the "Turkey's" were actually crows. But I could not see anything with the MKIEB as the mist was too thick. This was in day time.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good info Todd, I like the Pro line, Armasight definitely has the nod when referring to thermal weapon scopes.

What I would like to see is the Bluetooth and WiFi on the standard models, other than the Pro. I really like the compactness of my Zeus 640, especially since I have MS, less weight definitely makes it easier on me when lugging my rifle around.

Love to see some hogs taken down with the pro line.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
I can't find any advertised detection/identification ranges on armasight thermal products. So seeing their capabilities at longer distances would be nice. But probably a lot of work
There is a table FLIR put out that gives you ranges for each core with different lens sizes. I'll see if I can find that for you.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There is a table FLIR put out that gives you ranges for each core with different lens sizes. I'll see if I can find that for you.
Would say 2 336 cores that both have say 50mm lenses have the same detection range if one of them was 3x and one of them was another magnification??

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He is out this weekend using all the equipment pictured as much as he can.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
Would say 2 336 cores that both have say 50mm lenses have the same detection range if one of them was 3x and one of them was another magnification??
Well, the lens and core directly correlate to one another, so if they have the same 17um core, both have the same 50mm lens....they will both have the same magnification, barring crazy exceptions of course. But, if you were to get more optical magnification, it would help with detection.