Armasight battery pack and batts

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Taco finally wised up and ordered one of these for Taco's Zeus 75 640. I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for. What's better, rechargeable 18650s or CR123s? I want to stock up on one or the other. Do they have a shelf life if left in the package? Any info you can lay on me about these batts would help. Thanks boys.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a hundred or so 18650, never had one go bad unless they hit the concrete floor, as far as shelf life. I think the 123's would not last as long

D

djones

rechargeable 123s don't recharge for crap.

frankt, why do you have over a hundred? you do know they recharge, don't you, lol
Whip_zps2s7vdxjn.gif

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do they really recharge?? I did not know that...lol

D, yeah but I have 30 flashlights/headlamps that use them, then I keep buying the highest mAh available. May only be 75 but I have more than I will ever need!

D

djones

so... you're one of 'those guys' with the flashlights, huh? no doubt you have some badass lights. my current top of the line is a surefire p3x fury tactical i received as a gift. personally i wouldn't spend that much on a light, but it flat out shines anything else i've seen in a handheld. it takes 3-cr123s but i'm currently using 2-17500 rechargables. so far, so good. there are some upgrade mods for it to convert to 2-18650s but i'm hoping someone will just come out with one and i won't have to bother.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
mine go from 110 lumens to 6400 lumens and all between along with every color. Then they are $4 to $48 as all the high dollar ones are clones or simply rebranded to screw consumers.

Fox53

I have a hundred or so 18650, never had one go bad unless they hit the concrete floor, as far as shelf life. I think the 123's would not last as long
2 things 1. I took your advice Frank T on 6.8, I got it, it is a whacker. I also got the ar hunting rifles upper, it's great. 2. What is the best brand of battery for my Zeus 640 in the 18650? Should it be 2600mah or 3000mah. I know it is a 3.7v. Any help on this? Thanks

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Panasonic is the best 18650 but you can buy 4-5 of any 3000MaH 18650 for what they cost. Most are made at the same China factory and branded for all the companies. I buy quantity off ebay and they all work pretty good, even have some advertised as 10,000Mah, no I don't believe them.