Arkansas Crappie

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got to go fishing with my dad. We had a good catch by 9 am. 13 crappie, all were 12-13.5 inches long, and 2 blue cats 17 inches long. Its was a good fishing trip and great time spent with my dad. He is quite the fisherman. All I did was reel in fish all morning.

20130721_093159.jpg 20130721_093233.jpg 20130721_093249.jpg 20130721_162149.jpg

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like you done good. Nothin better than fried crappie. Time spent with dad is priceless.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Went out again today. We only caught 5 crappie and 1 large mouth. The large mouth wasn't landed though. I got him about 10 feet from the boat and he did the old jump and shake to get the hook loose.

We only stayed out for about an hour then a thunderstorm rolled in. We cleaned the fish quit and got home. Sorry no pictures. Too much rain and lightening.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup, those times are the best ones. I was lucky enough to finally get about 10yrs of hunting with my dad before he decided he was too old to go do it any more.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got to deer hunt with my dad last year for the first time in my life. He took me squirrel and rabbit hunting all the time, but never deer.

Best part of it was I bought him a old Marlin 1894 in 44 mag for an early Christmas gift and he took a deer with it on the second time out. He hasn't shot a deer in 8 years. The tables have turned though. I did all the cleaning and dragging, but I was more than happy to. :)

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got to deer hunt with my dad last year for the first time in my life. He took me squirrel and rabbit hunting all the time, but never deer.

Best part of it was I bought him a old Marlin 1894 in 44 mag for an early Christmas gift and he took a deer with it on the second time out. He hasn't shot a deer in 8 years. The tables have turned though. I did all the cleaning and dragging, but I was more than happy to. :)

I hear ya. My dad was living in Kotzebue, didn't own a single gun. I took care of that little problem, and we went hunting ! Best thing I ever did too.

Just something about the special type of connection ya make when you're huntin' with family.

LegendRider

Cross, South Carolina
Even though I'm primarily a Bass Fisherman & a USCG License Captain on Santee Cooper for Bass, the best eating fresh water fish in my opinion is the good old Crappie!!! Good catch there AFALEX1. The last picture is the one I last the best...Great Eating!!!

Glenn

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I almost agree with you LegendRider. But, I think crappie takes a really close second to walleye.