AR10 .308 Hog Bullet

Discussion in 'Firearms; Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, accessories.' started by ZenArchery, Aug 6, 2016.

1. der Teufel

der Teufel Team Phi Slamma Hamma SUS VENATOR CLUB

I've switched things around a little, but the bolt gun remains my daytime hog killer. I have acquired a 300 BLK onto which I've mounted a Photon NV scope. It's now the 'short range night weapon' for after sundown. I do plan to acquire a thermal weapon sight later this year, and I plan to mount it on the AR-10. The AR-10 is heavy, but I use a shooting stick and it puts things down with authority. I'm hoping to use it to better effect on running hogs at night. But, as I like to say — "The best laid plans …"

2. shepherd of fire

shepherd of fire New Member

anything TSX or TTSX will be devastating out of a 308

3. cincoranchhntr

cincoranchhntr LSB Member

150 gr Federal Vital Shok Nosler ballistic tip .308 in an AR10 is what my buddy uses. Dead nuts accurate round...

4. 437

437 LSB Member

I used a PMC Bronze 147 FMJ on this feller. He did not go anywhere.

IMG_4290.JPG

5. rgilbert

rgilbert Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal . LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB

I've been shooting the Hornady American White Tail 150 interlocks. 18 bucks a box and shoots 1/2" out of my bolt gun. Just like any other bullet. If you don't hit bone they will run. I think I'll use that.

6. 437

437 LSB Member

That's what I use on deer great load I picked up 6 more boxes at Gander on close out for $14 recently. Great deals to be had in there right now! If you have a Gander in your town go raid the ammo shelves....if there is any left.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017