AR Hog goal

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
So at the beginning of this deer season I set two goals I would like to accomplish. First, I wanted to get my oldest (9 yoa) daughter her first deer. We did that during a youth hunt(1st pic) with a .223 AR. Second, I wanted to shoot a hog with each caliber AR I have (6.8, 450B, .308, and .223). I have taken two hogs with my 6.8 (2nd pic), one with the 450B (3rd pic), and one with my .308 (4th pic). I am only missing one with the .223. I will start hunting with it tomorrow. I will let you know if or when I get one with it. This is just a goal I set for myself to get some trigger time on the rifles my wife is always asking why I have.

450B

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fine buck for that happy young huntress. Nicely done (scout) dad. Good lookin' hogs and rifles.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats! Good luck on that last one

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Congrats to all. Looks like got have enough hogs to hunt, and some daytime hogs too.

I've been sticking with my 6.8 for hogs because I have my thermal in it. But have multiple other calibers. Need to get out my 450B and 458 to put some heavy lead down range.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
She sure does look happy w that buck...I love it when dad's take the kids hunting AND daughters is just great! I am bad about not taking a different gun out to get kills w them, seems I am always w the same one!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's awesome! She looks happy as can be. Good job getting her out to hunt.

What county are you hunting in?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great to see a dad hunting with his daughter. That is a great buck and good hogs too.

I have killed something with every rifle I have, but have yet to get anything with my 375 jdj contender pistol. I got invited on a doe hunt in oklahoma over thanks giving and I'm taking the contender to try to finish out the task.

Good luck to you!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good goal to have. Good luck with that one. Nice hogs so far

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well, I did it. I went out just after dark loaded for bear with my .223 Noveske VTAC rifle and SSA 70 TSX ammo. Planning on needing to do my part with shot placement to take a hog with the smallest of my AR's. After an hour with the green light on a group of monsters showed up. All the same size and I dropped this one. Not what I was expecting. Either way, I have now taken a hog this deer season with each of the four caliber AR's I have.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, well done!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Quite the "goes-outta" there. Izzat a second round almost exiting (below and behind)?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job and story! Congrats on mission accomplished! So any ideas on next years goals???

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great job and story! Congrats on mission accomplished! So any ideas on next years goals???

I would like to find a line of ammo that makes all four calibers for my AR's and do it again with one brand of ammo. I do not reload so I need the same type ammo for 223, 6.8, 450B, and 308. Remington shows each of these in their Hog Hammer line, but I haven't seen 6.8 or 450B for sale yet. Federal Fusion offers three of the four, no 450B. I need to look at Hornady, I like the 6.8 120 SST and the 450B FTX ammo. Need to see if they offer the SST in 223 and 308.

Once I find the ammo I will start again.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think you need to add 2 more calibers and start over again...lol