Ar hanging clip

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah,your absolutely right....probably none of my buisness. Sorry for asking. --- pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
now thats a fun little rig. i like that. im going to look around

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah UTG used to make them, then they stopped, had a few left and they were cheap so I got one. Fun store, never seen it before.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
they have some interesting stuff

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I have been building single point slings from paracord that hook to an aftermarket receiver plate, I can sling in the front side, back, whatever, works well for me, the cool think is, it has two hooks, so you can make a two point sling or single point if you want....I don't walk very far so have the option of either

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like to carry my Ar 6.8 pistol while working and checking cams on the lease, tried a single point and did not like it, so went to a 2 point, much better. Now will try this holster while trying to keep to hands free.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thats kind of how i carry normally. i have a single point. but if i jump on the tractor or 4 wheeler or walk too fast it knocks around. thats why the hook will hold it in place and not let it move

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thanks. and if you come across anyone who wants to try to make one i have a dozen end plates laying around
Got a pic of what you're talking about?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sadly no, I'm going to have to draw something up

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I read your thread over on 68forums. I see it described as like a knife clip... but? On the END plate of a mag??? Wouldn't you want it so the gun lays with the side against you? And, wouldn't the balance of it that far forward... and on the end of the mag leave for a lot of awkward angle and leverage working against the clip?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it would go down the side of the receiver. i think if it was angled right it might hang at an angle. its defiantly something i need to test and try out

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it would go down the side of the receiver. i think if it was angled right it might hang at an angle. its defiantly something i need to test and try out
That'd be rather easy to fab up... some saddle leather dyed black, held onto the mag well with a couple of heavy snaps (to form a "cuff"), and affix the clip to the leather.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i was thinking of taking one of my dozen end plates and welding a small flat stock piece on the side like a knife belt clip and just seeing how it works. if it hangs well ill have something nicer made up

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
by the way, welcome back. missed your fun stories while you were gone

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks... can't always work while playing... errr... play while working. Busy time on the 12 acre island this time.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
its always a little of both, if you enjoy your job