Ar hanging clip

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok so this may be an odd one but I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere. Has anyone seen the show Generation Kill? In the show the actor job huertas plays sgt Antonio Espera. Age witness in the show he will hang his m16 on his molle vest with what seems to be a belt clip. From the looks of it, the clip is mounted in the area of the end plate. Has anyone seen something like this or does anyone have the ability to make this? I have searched all over a few different times and I can't find anything.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Stargate SG1 used to do the same thing with the P90s guns they used in the show. I have no clue where to find one though, sorry!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just want one for my 458 socom. It has an 18" barrel and it's heavy

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just want one for my 458 socom. It has an 18" barrel and it's heavy

I would think a standard sling one, two or, three point would be better than attaching to a vest.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tried one and it's still so heavy

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Carry a M14 with suppressor, eotech, pvs-14, 3x magnifier, bipod, and sling around for a few years. After that every thing seems nice and light! ;)

image.jpg

Last edited:

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, send it to me and I'll carry it for you lol

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No no, you went too long. I should carry it for you

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Just a thought ---> In my day we never carried our weapons close to our body. All these three point slings and that stuff will eat you up if you fall. It will make you loose your balance if you have to jump a small stream or suddenly have to move in a different direction. We always could operate with one hand on our weapon and the other hand free. If you suddenly have to go H to H you do not want a weapon strapped to you for(IMO)obvious reasons.

But.....more important....If you fall or have to go into the water you cannot protect your weapon that will later in your mission(hunt)protect you. I understand that this is kind extreme...HOWEVER...IMO,you should think about this in your "normal" hunting adventures.

To this day,I NEVER walk thru the woods with my weapon slung,even with a 2 point sling. I always have a weapon sling with me on my scouting or hunting trips............It's carried in my backpack. --- pruhdlr

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Crawling through Florida brush with a machete I don't like to carry my rifle as well. I always sling my rifle. There's just too much junk in the trees to go through to have my hands full carrying my rifle. As I cut my way through I knock my rifle around a lot. Even a 1 point sling hanging on my side, it's always bouncing around and getting hung up. For this reason I want it close to me and not moving

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Crawling through Florida brush with a machete I don't like to carry my rifle as well. I always sling my rifle. There's just too much junk in the trees to go through to have my hands full carrying my rifle. As I cut my way through I knock my rifle around a lot. Even a 1 point sling hanging on my side, it's always bouncing around and getting hung up. For this reason I want it close to me and not moving
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=27718

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Watching this thread I am reminded....Sorta why I have a 6.8 Pistol, I am looking for a leg rig for it though.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
May I please ask......for what reason(what sanerio)would you be "crawling through Florida brush with a machete ......cutting your way through". Hunting,tracking,scouting ??? ---pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you met Itsazonic? :rolleyes: I am concerned! LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
To answer why you would be crawling. Before I had night vision I hunted pigs exclusively in the daytime. This meant I had to go where they were swampy bottoms and thickets. I never used a machete but I have crawled hands and knees down the pig trails. It's interesting to come face to face with them that way. (If I only had my gopro back then. Average shots were measured in feet not yards.).

And to answer why the slings. I find it beneficial to have the weapon attached to me hunting and at work. Jumping in and out of vehicles, riding on atv's, having to fight or do something you don't loose your weapon. I use a one or three point sling at work. For hunting I use the vickers two point. Also they are quick disconnect so at the push of a button the sling is disconnected.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Single point,two point,three point.....?.....hell,duct tape the weapon to your back OR front. For me,if I am hunting,tracking,or scouting, I am not slashing,hacking,thrashing,and/or cutting by swinging a machete. Just wondering if I was missing out on all the ......uhhhh......fun.

I have crawled down the hog trails in the river swamps also. I never found it desirable to sling my weapon when doing so. For these outings I most always used a Ruger carbine chambered in 44Mag or my Beretta CX4 Storm. Later on I switched to a Desert Eagle chambered in 44mag. I have also had encounters with some of the bigger hogs in the "hog holes". MY primary objective was portability of weapon and being totally ready for a IMMEDIATE shot. Ease of carry never crossed my mind.

TLM,do you have any experience with a "get off me" type of ground grapple.....and a slung weapon ?? For MY civilian hunting purposes I just cannot find the need to have my weapon(my 6.8 with thermal,OR my short/light Beretta CX4 Storm in any kind of slung position.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not being critical of why a man carries his weapon the way he does. I have my way,other hunters have their way. I am simply trying to understand. AND....I am never to old to learn. --- pruhdlr

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I crawl through the brush like that because that's all there is. 131 acres of solid over growth that hasn't been touched in 6 years. The reason I use my machete is because I'm slowly clearing spots I'll later brush hog. There are ao many people up there moving and hunting the lands around me that I have to head to the middle of the property to find anything. The middle of the property is thicker than anything. I don't have the luxery of thermals and high end night vision so as TLM said, I go hit them where they sleep. Slings across my back have never worked because I'm constantly getting stuck on branches and bushes. I never really have to crawl so hanging from my single point and hooking it to my chest rig will work perfectly and still give me the speed of reaction that I'll need. Will take some practice to get used to but I can make it second nature to grab it and get to shooting. Because of all this I have sometime left the rifle at home and only carried my 1911. Well I want to be able to carry my rifle and this clip would be the perfect solution. A rifle slung over my shoulder would take 2 or 3 times longer to get into position than just a single point. Problem is the single point still knocks around. Everyone has their favorite of carrying a rifle, I have only found ways I don't like to carry.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok so this may be an odd one but I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere. Has anyone seen the show Generation Kill? In the show the actor job huertas plays sgt Antonio Espera. Age witness in the show he will hang his m16 on his molle vest with what seems to be a belt clip. From the looks of it, the clip is mounted in the area of the end plate. Has anyone seen something like this or does anyone have the ability to make this? I have searched all over a few different times and I can't find anything.
In an attempt to get back to the original question and to belay all the why would you want to do this questions which are just not other peoples business, No Iatsazonik I have not seen anything like this. But if I do I will surely let you know as I understand how a rifle could interfere with trying to get through the bush.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thanks. and if you come across anyone who wants to try to make one i have a dozen end plates laying around