Anyone seeing hogs?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm getting reports from all over the State that no one is seeing hogs or if they are it's a very few. Only thing I can think of is the hogs are migrating to where the crops will be planted in a week or two. So anyone spotting any post it up here 2 million plus hogs don't just disappear.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We took one boar off my place last week and then this guy showed up soon thereafter. This is after nothing at my place in December and January.

Attachments

• Late Feb 2014 (3).JPG
    Late Feb 2014 (3).JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 9

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have seen 10 hogs in the last three nights. A sounder of 7 and 3 lone boars. Kind of slow compared to normal. Three weeks ago I spotted a sounder of 11 and another of 26. I don't know where they have gone.

Farmers do not plant any food type crops within 50 miles of where I hunt. Only thing I can think of is that they aren't moving because of the moon phase and drastic weather changes over the past few days.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe you guys killed so many you scared the rest into Louisiana

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it is the cold, is has finally gotten to them, there is a reason southern hogs do go to Colorado for the winter.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nobody should be going to Colorado for the winter. Snow is bad enough in the south

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Haven't seen much here since last year. Just looked through a month of game cam pics and every time snow fell the same group of 4 didn't show back up for 3 days. But my usual sounder of 8+ hasn't been around since November. But in my area they usually disappear during deer season and start showing back up around the end of march.

One thing is for sure the coons don't mind the snow/cold. I counted 6 in one pic, dam bandits.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Same here Mid March

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hunted last night and we saw a sounder of 16 and a lone boar. 7 hogs didn't get to see the sunrise.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
no shortage here, but they are on the move! check johnson grass patches. this is the time of year they hit Johnson grass and graze on standing wheat.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We have winter wheat around, but it isn't bringing in the hogs. It is that weird transition time.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
you have to know where the Johnson grass normally grows. It starts moving under ground in Feb. And you can bet the hogs know where. That's what they are hitting here.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
no johnson grass on my properties. It is all down on the river.

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I shot a good size one the morning after the THUNDER SLEET. I didn't recover him because he made into the cedars. I am still seeing fresh sign.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Im having withdrawals bad I need a good 15-20 kill night soon!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
if you think the hogs are not hitting wheat fields you might want to put game cameras on the main trails and figure out when they are hitting them. There are no other food sources at this time. It's either wheat or roots. They are not rooting in our wheat fields but the are grazing them.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
They are still coming into the waste pecan piles, but not much else. I am sure they are hitting the wheat fields, but just not the ones I have access to. Besides, our wheat fields barely have sprouts on them. Not enough moisture for them to grow much right now. Still no shortage of hogs really though. We saw over 25 in four days. Just not many big groups. They will be back. They never stay away for too long.