Anyone make models?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I used to make models all the time as a kid. While at the store with the wife I spotted a cheap 1:32 Sherman tank model.

Think I'm going to try a diorama.

This is what it was supposed to look like.image.jpg

This is what I turned it into.image.jpgimage.jpg

I used flickering yellow led lights to bring the fire to life.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is pretty cool!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For years I built models. I had so many. Mostly lemans race cars but some old hot rods as well. I'll see if I can find pictures. I used to hand paint and airbrush everything . It was very relaxing

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I used to make model planes as a kid, mostly ww1&2 fighters and bombers. I have no clue were they Ended up after I moved out of my parents house. They were a lot of fun.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
those pictures look awesome

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The tanks should have snow and ice on them. They look too clean. Put one in the freezer, let it get cold, then poor nearly frozen water on it so it will create icicles. Then dust a little snow on it.

Cool stuff Tex!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There is snow on the all but the sherman getting hit by the jagtigers 12.8 gun blew it off lol ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 10

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
its up side down

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I see it now that I'm looking at a bigger screen. Tough to see those tiny details on a cell phone screen. Cool stuff TLM.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Used to build muscle car models. Used sewing thread and silicone sealant to make hoses and plug wires, painted the gauges on the dash as well as the trim pieces. Gave one to a kid (who'd adopted me as "uncle") of a '70 Chevelle SS... it sat on his shelf for all the years he lived at home. Now... the young man is married, living in Oregon and building show winning custom cars. I keep hoping he sends a '70 Chevelle SS my way. LOL