Any IR Hunter MkII 35mm users here ?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got one love it. Took about 5 minutes to learn to navigate the menu. Great picture. MKII housing is a tank. Im confident using it in the field that I won't break it dropping/banging it or anything like that. Don says he will honor the warranty regardless of if the warranty is expired. He told me the other day "if u send it to me in 5 years with a problem I'll fix it under warranty or replace it" and I like that a lot.
I might be sending it in to him just to have everything checked out on it and then sell it bc I might be upgrading. Maybe we can figure something out in the next month or two.

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sending mine in for the second time in 2 months to be worked on. Other than it powering off and jumping the menu when shooting it's worked great. Something is loose inside and they just didn't find it the first time, i'm thinking. It's the best picture that I've seen after looking though a couple different scopes. Tyler at UNV said he would replace scope if IR Defense can not fix problem.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love mine. Ditto on Blakester's comment.

JPK

LSB Active Member
I love mine too. I think the 2.45x native magnification is about perfect and like Blakestermsaid, the menu is simple to master and easy to use. I use the UNV remote rechargeable battery pack and highly recommend that accessory. No more 123As and all night plus performance. I turn it on when I get out of the truck and leave it on all night. Charge it in the truck or back home too.

A tip: All thermals need their NUCing, especially when first powered up, but the IR Defense thermals really, really like frequent NUCing when turned on. Being able to leave it on all night with the battery pack is a huge plus, but I think even with two batteries or with the extender, three batteries, it is better to leave it powered on through a hunt. If using 123As, just bring spares.

JPK