another round...

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well, we didn't start this hunt with supper, but I did go by Cletus' house to roust him out of his easy chair and managed to sneak a few bites of some fajitas his darling wife had cooked for his fam... Anyways, got him and BR loaded up and we headed to a place where Cletus and I had been dumping corn for awhile in front of a couple Coverts. I must add that Cletus had been by there more than me because he whined about it all night... We got there right after dark and the coverts were silent so we eased around to a feeder that has a pig or two from time to time and nothing... Cletus and I ride in the high rack to spot when we're in BR's truck and before we could back away from the pipeline a large boar trotted out and stopped to look, not knowing what else to do I stuck a SST in him. Cletus got his scope lit back up and we watched him shuffle for a bit and then the rascal got his feet under him and tried to make a mad dash back in the thicket, but we stuck a couple more in him and he called it quits. We let Gus the hell hound to "find" him and by the time we took a couple pics and filled our cups one of the Coverts started singing... We got around close and dismounted and made our approach. There was a pile hogs eating corn with only a 15 yard window back to the thick stuff. We opened up and only one made it out! After getting pics and filling cups again we were wondering where to go next when BR's Covert starting singing behind his house and off we go. Our shooting wasn't quite as good this time and we only killed 6, but Cletus did get one confined kill of his own, we found 15 confirmed dead, and a large time was had by all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 17

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Outstanding !!! And, fajitas too !! Can't ask for a "more gooder" outing than that !

mike73

LSB Member
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who shoots baby pigs. My first and only pig so far was about the size of the one in the bottom left picture. He was no match for a 165 gr 30.06. Nice bunch of hogs.

Mike

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job guys, you got tons of hogs over there!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who shoots baby pigs. My first and only pig so far was about the size of the one in the bottom left picture. He was no match for a 165 gr 30.06. Nice bunch of hogs.

Mike
You mean that 300#er he's holding? That boy's just plain BIG !! LOL

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow great outing! Some dandy shooting it sounds like. I'm definitely gonna invest in some of those covert cams.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys! Have to hand it to Cletus this time he had an excellent game plan and we executed it to near perfection! We eased around a corner and were 50 yards from em undetected lol

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
100 yards on the second group, but they went the opposite way than what we figured and trees saved the lives of the few survivors on that one lol

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
very nice! I agree those covert cams are worth every penny!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow nice haul of hogs!! Good night of hunting.