Another Poison proposed plan to combat the Feral hog problem

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another Poison proposed plan to combat the Feral hog problem.
What say you!!

Texas Wildlife Association
September 7 at 9:51am ·
Proposed Field Evaluation of HOGGONE (Sodium nitrite) - toxicant for feral hogs.

USDA/APHIS is accepting comments through the end of September. Please take a few minutes to register your comments, hopes, and concerns, if any. Comments from individuals are extremely important, as well as those from representatives of the scientific, academic, farming, ranching, and commercial community. Your comments will be in the public record.

Document
https://www.regulations.gov/contentStreamer…
Comments
Regulations.gov

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think they have seriously misrepresented the spill rate, and when rain floods the feeder and liquefying the poison. that can be digested by deer and pets/livestock and would prefer NO poison on my property or those around it. It kills deer, people, livestock, rats and pigs.

I can only imagine wives or neighboring property owners with malicious intent using this poison for you or your pets??

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would think that man,and all this great technology that we boast to posess,would/could come up with some kind of birth control that would work on both feral swine and people on welfare. --- pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bird deaths a setback in Texas feral hog poison testing

Field testing of a new feral hog control method experienced a major setback recently after nearly 200 birds were found dead.

During a regular agricultural extension report to Wichita County Commissioners, extension agent David Graf reported the issue at a study underway in an undisclosed North Texas location.

Hog-Gone, with active ingredient sodium nitrite, was thought to be the next great hope for feral hog control.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Surprise Surprise.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They have been working with this stuff for a decade now and it was in the works long before warfarin, but yet they can't get it right.

After 10 years, how did anybody not realize that hogs weren't sloppy eaters?

I wonder how many hogs they killed?

Of course, after the kill the hogs that have been educated to use the feeders, the process must start anew. You set open feeders with corn and slowly train new hogs to use the feeders and then switch the bait, kill another set along with a bunch of birds, and start again.

How much do y'all think each of these special feeders will cost each? $400? $300? $500? How many are needed per what area? 1 per 50 acres? Then how much maintenance is involved?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They drop it freely in Australia the hogs learn to avoid it.