Another Boar down

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

Me and one of my hunting partners shot the big boar off one of his places. The Ranch Manager's wife had shot the big boar about 12 days or so ago with a 25-06 using 100 grain Remington Core-lokt. The round didn't even penetrate the big boar's almost 1 inch thick shield. The wound was infected and puss just oozzzzed out of it when we pushed on it! Nasty. We skinned the boar enough to find our bullets and figure out where they went.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I didn't hear Terry even shoot. We are both shooting suppressed. He showed me the cases in his brass catcher to prove he had shot.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good work! Keep after 'em!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good boar down!! Definitely a big boy!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog! I am more impressed that she made a shoulder shot at 400 yds though!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting!

There is something not right with the Core-Lokt story. At 400 yards, it should still have been going over 1600 fps and should have readily penetrated the shield. I wonder if she didn't bugger her shot and it didn't skip off the ground or go through something else first.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good shooting!

There is something not right with the Core-Lokt story. At 400 yards, it should still have been going over 1600 fps and should have readily penetrated the shield. I wonder if she didn't bugger her shot and it didn't skip off the ground or go through something else first.
The bullet was nicely mushroomed no apparent damage from contact with the ground. I'm thinking that it had to have gone through a thick layer of hard mud similar to what you see in the picture. Before the bullet made contact with the one inch thick shield. The meat still had evidence of a bruise but no broken ribs. She's killed smaller pigs from the same exact spot before with the same gun/bullet, the front porch! lol

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Puss-Pudding!! Put that in your morning coffee. :eek: Good to get another one down.

Andrew Wallace

LSB Member
Last year I dropped a 150 lb boar with that exact same bullet, granted it was at 100 yards. Took one step and was drt. But hey, things happen and you have the forensics. Nice job!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good follow up shot under pressure!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job trackin' him for the follow-up! Christmas done got cancelled.