Another 6.8er joining the club

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got the word from Texaslawman about the new forum and figured this would be a great place to discuss the greatness of hog killing. I am from Frisco Texas, but my ranch is in Val Verde county. I used to be just a whitetail hunter, but the hogs moved in about 4-5 years ago and the disease is spreading quick. We got 8,000 acres and covered up in the hogs. My tools of choice are my suppressed 6.8mm Short Barreled Rifles and PVS-14s.

And here is some eye candy. Last nights haul using the new 90 gr. Gold Dots in 6.8mm. Shot another sow the other day but did not take a picture.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Ppapago! I'm real interested in seeing what those gold dots will do! But don't tell my 120sst's!!!!

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice shooting Ppapago! Looking forward to the day I get to shoot those lead cored wonder rounds!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congrats on the kills! One day I will have a 6.8 sbr with a can. I'm interested in the 90 grn gdhp too. Looks like they leave a nice exit.
I wonder if federal will sell them as a component for reloaders.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The gold dots performed nicely. The boar was running and took a shot to its rear ham and the round dropped him. Terrible shot placement but the hog was completely incapacitated by the bullet.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holey Cow !!! 'Em are some healthy exits. Good to see ya here.

deacn dan

Got the word from Texaslawman about the new forum and figured this would be a great place to discuss the greatness of hog killing. I am from Frisco Texas, but my ranch is in Val Verde county. I used to be just a whitetail hunter, but the hogs moved in about 4-5 years ago and the disease is spreading quick. We got 8,000 acres and covered up in the hogs. My tools of choice are my suppressed 6.8mm Short Barreled Rifles and PVS-14s.

And here is some eye candy. Last nights haul using the new 90 gr. Gold Dots in 6.8mm. Shot another sow the other day but did not take a picture.

Like those 90 grs. Gonna get me some of them..........someday I hope.

Elchilero68

Nice shooting! Hogs are a real problem here in Parker County. They put an end to the peanut farmers here about three years ago. On one of our units in West Texas, the surface owner has told us we cannot enter his land without a rifle to kill pigs. I don't get out there very often but when I do, my 6.8 will be with me!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting! Hogs are a real problem here in Parker County. They put an end to the peanut farmers here about three years ago. On one of our units in West Texas, the surface owner has told us we cannot enter his land without a rifle to kill pigs. I don't get out there very often but when I do, my 6.8 will be with me!

Sounds like my kind of place!

dhwave

Nice haul!