And down goes the PORKAGE!!!!:)

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Only went to two places last night. Was so glad Duffy invited us (my daughter and myself) to go with him again. I was very happy because I could go with him one more time and also get to go with my daughter. Hit the first field and saw lots of very nice deer and some very nice bucks in velvet. Duffy would scout the area and we would drive a little ways (big field area). He spotted some in the section of field we were in and they were moving towards the fence. Got out and moved up to them and man O man the first couple maybe even three or four of them were BIG HOGS, they looked very big.
They winded us and we were lined up when they started to run so we let the lead fly, you could hear the bullets whackin them and they were getting hit hard but kept on going into the thick cover. We are sure there are a couple/few dead in that round but there was no way we could track them where they went. Duffy is going back to check out the buzzard sitseation and I hopes he finds a couple. Continued down the fence line and could not get on what hogs we did see. Still in the same field or just a different section of the same field he spotted a group yet again near the fence line so we got out and got up to them. It just so happened the BIG ONE was on my side. When we got up to them I saw there was a big one in there and at first I thought he was HUGE but it turned out there was a porker just in front of him. I concentrated on him and Duffy counted down again and we let the bullets rip! One shot in the head and he was down then I shot at the one that was in front of him also. Miss Piggy and Duffy were still on the others. Big one gets ups again and I hit it again and down he goes and the other one comes running right at us. The best I can remember is Duffy shoots at it and so do I and down it went. The daughter, Duffy and myself shoot at the other ones still close by. We know we had five down but we were not walking out in this picked,weedy corn field to get the other two. It was rough going for someone that was in shape and for me it would have been brutal. Duffy and I also shot at a dead pig thinking it was still alive, but we both made extra sure it was not going any place.

So now we have five down and get back in the truck and follow yet another fence line when Duffy with the eye for pork spots a couple more. He gets the daughter out and gets her in the bed and they find them and he lets her stay there in the back and to let us know when she can get a clean shot. I stayed in the truck. We get up on them and she lost them or could not see them. She was not tall enough and the weeds were very tall in place. Duffy gets out and finds the bigger one of the bunch which was a sow and fires one shot and the squealing commenced when you heard that thud and down it went like a sack of mud or just like a dead hog. Now we have 6!!:) Duffy and my daughter both saw it go down and not move so we left it there for the birds and coyotes. WE took some pictures of the three we had close to us when me measured and all that and decided to hit one more place about five minutes away!:) FUN TIMES was had by all! Oh ya and one of the little ones had a bad headache and it was so bad part of its head exploded!! BANG BANG!!Hog Hunt6.jpg

Last edited:

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a good hunt! That top hog in the pic has some good cutters .... happy hunting!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We arrived at the second place and Duffy yet again spots some pork walking towards some timber. We quick get out and make our way to a gate and there they were he counts down and we fire away. I shot a couple but mad bad shots and into the woods they go. Shoot at another one and scope does dead,, Batteries WERE OUT OF JUICE and I did not bother looking at the bars not one time. KellyJ and Duffy shoot away and a couple move off to the left Duffy hops the fence and fires till he is out of bullets. Comes back and says one is still moving out there but very slow. So the daughter gets over the fence Duffy gets more bullets and I replace batteries. Daughter is firing away I make a couple shots and this pig is still up. I think I missed a couple more times right over it's back. Miss Piggy anchors it down. Do not know how many times that pig was hit but it just kept going and going. Duffy gets the truck comes through the gate and goes out and picks up the couple that made it out into the field. He find a little one still alive with one of it's legs dangling and finishes it off in the field. Even one of the bigger ones were still alive so he takes care of that one too. Five more down. It was late and the other places required some driving so we called it quits. Total 11 down and a few more that we know/hope would expire later. It was a GREAT evening of hunting and would like to thank Duffy yet again for letting us tag along.
We had a blast and I am paying for that fun today!!:) Thanks again Duffy Man I look like hell in this picture, I was hammered pretty good by this time. In the first field messing around with the big one I got bit three times by something under my shirt. Do not know what it was but left pretty good welts and felt like FIRE!! Literally felt like a RED HOT match tip glowing red and burning the crap out of me. On the way to the other place had to have Duffy pull over for a second so I could try to shake it off but it would not go away. When we were messing with the last five ole Duffy swallowed a bug and had a time with that then he popped off and he got whacked by something also and felt like it was on fire too. They had to be flying something or others but did not see anything but sure did feel it when it happened. Still have three welts and the two of them the one close to the arm pit and one on the belly still feel like they are on fire at this time and have nice red welts where I got popped!!!:( Mucho Fun!!! BANG BANG!!Hog Hunt1.jpg

Last edited:

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On a side note Duffy is going to take care of the head for me and get it to the daughter so in a week or so we should see how that turns out. Hopefully one or both of them will chime in if I left anything out or add to the adventure:) WE shot some last night and not to much was left untouched on what we were aiming at! BANG BANG!!

I should of said that he is going to let those critters and such take care of the head and check on it and then see about getting brought in, he has a plan of action. BANG BANG!!

Last edited:

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's awesome man. Good for yall. That's really cool of Duffy to do that for you and Ms Piggy. He's also invited me out a couple times but the stars just haven't lined up with our schedules to make it happen. Congrats on a great hunt!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks folks. It was just one of those nights at the right place at the right time. BANG BANG!!

In one of the pictures one of those had some head trauma then in the one with the five I think second one from top had a very nice slash under it's throat and while we were messin with the five Duffy found a good chuck of lead and laid it on one of the shoulders. I know Duffy fired a bunch and I counted 31 shells when I got home and the girl hunter:) (My Daughter) she fired a bunch also. The lead was flyin last night!!

PS: Forgot to say it was a DANDY HOG!!:)

Aw man I was counting an extra box of empties I had. So that would have been 18 shots?? DUH!!

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Quite a night!!! Good job whackin' and stackin' em!!!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great hunt great story! Sounds like an amazing night!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Never Quit! I'm inspired!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great story on a hunt you'll all remember for the rest of your lives…

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the successful hunt!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Outstanding !!! Now, gimme ONE more hunt Curly !! LOL That one's a monster!! Love that one with the brain-fart going on too. You, Duffy, and your daughter are da MAN (and WOMAN) on this day! Congrats on the slaughter.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Outstanding !!! Now, gimme ONE more hunt Curly !! LOL That one's a monster!! Love that one with the brain-fart going on too. You, Duffy, and your daughter are da MAN (and WOMAN) on this day! Congrats on the slaughter.
I thought I was a good shot. The daughter is a natural, she is even a good shot with a pistol. But,,, Duffy is lights out!! He hits what he is aiming at. At night it is a lot different and when I heard that one hit from the back of the truck when he was up there well,,, like I said he is a very good shot!! BANG BANG!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
way to go curly curly