Alpha(?) Male Coyote Down

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I managed to call three smaller coyotes out of the bottoms and one larger coyote from behind me that seemed to be dominant over the other three coyotes. He seemed to try to shoo them away, stopping to mark his territory along the way...

He did have two exit holes on his left side, but I could not tell if they were from two bullets or not. The 2nd shot appeared to have too much lead on him, but he seemed to stumble with the shot. I did not find the entry holes, mostly because I was trying to handle him as little as possible (forgot nitrile gloves).

He was a good-sized coyote, but as he managed to disappear into the creek bottom, I didn't try to haul him out to get him on a scale, though I have not doubts he was well over 30 lbs based on the two I shot last week (34 and 39 lbs).

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another stellar performance!
It is 4:30 am, going to check traps and it is so bright out I could probably drive there with no headlights.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice Brian, love shooting yotes! 75 here 100% humidity and rain, looks like you have better weather.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pretty big 'yote there, good lookin' fur on him too.

Colorado Brian survived coming home with no hog meat, huh? Live to hunt another day.

You change out MD? No ping lately.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got tired of rezeroing my own rifle with new scopes, so the daughter's rifle gets to try new scopes and I leave the Zeus 3 640 on my rifle. However, in about 4 months or so (or whatever the waiting period is) the ping and boom should be going away from the Grendels.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Going to miss the pinger!! Nice yoteeee, you had a pack of them running wild!!! Nice going! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
;) Make certain to thoroughly clean your rifle when removing any/all AAC bits from it. It'll shoot more gooder w/o that stuff on 'em.

Drift

LSB Member
I love your idea putting the all the new expensive equipment on your daughters rifle. I told my wife a couple of years ago " I would not buy myself any new rifles for a few years". So I'm guessing you said the same; then went out and got your daughter a new rifle (the kind you always wanted), and then keep upgrading that. with high end thermal. with suppressor. Of course it's still her rifle, you are just shooting it. :)

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was out tonight too... Some of the best thermal conditions I've ever had... All my equipment looked great. Got three hogs, puts me at 9 for last week. Merry Xmas
Dang, jealous! Can't seem to get any hogs to consistently come to corn or bait with this phenomenal acorn crop around here this year.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shootin and cool video as always Brian!