Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok where's the next one?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... let's see if TLM boots me outta here first (for taking up all his bandwidth with this tale).

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... let's see if TLM boots me outta here first (for taking up all his bandwidth with this tale).

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Speaking of Skunks.....Just got out of the woods, 6 hours of hunting in the rain. Closest I got to anything was a skunk. I told him if he wasn't so cute I would shoot him just to shoot something. He seemed to look at me, head half cocked, inquisitively and then high tailed it out of there...literally.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
words don't take bandwidth but post pics w your stories and yep, you be gone...LOL

We know what to get RD for his B'day, problem is how do we get the skunk delivered??

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My friend and his wife caught some baby skunks a while back. She thought they were cute and decide to keep one for a pet. She asked him to check the sex and pick out a girl and get rid of the rest. After flipping a couple of them on their backs and taking a look by pulling the tail back a bit the last one squirted him right in the face. He said he was on his knees barfing for a half hour, dry heaves the whole shebang! To this day he gets sick when driving and smelling a skunk in the road somewhere. Should we send one to RD in a box?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
GOOD IDEA! It would be funny as heck!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Speaking of Skunks.....Just got out of the woods, 6 hours of hunting in the rain. Closest I got to anything was a skunk. I told him if he wasn't so cute I would shoot him just to shoot something. He seemed to look at me, head half cocked, inquisitively and then high tailed it out of there...literally.
Just so he didn't do the hand-stand for ya too. LOL
words don't take bandwidth but post pics w your stories and yep, you be gone...LOL

We know what to get RD for his B'day, problem is how do we get the skunk delivered??
Frank, just have it sent to you COD.... I'll be by to get it. LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't tempt me...it will be sent to you with love from LSB for being such a great member!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some people just don't care for skunks I guess. I took a disabled vet out hunting a few weeks back, walking into my area in the dark, he kept looking around because he would hear stuff and turn on his flashlight. Well, this skunk was traveling along side of us for quite a while. So this guy tells me he is going to shoot it with his 7mm. I told him that would mess up our hunting, he couldn't stand this thing following us and I tried to explain that it was just curious and maybe bored, so just let him be, he was fine. This fella couldn't understand what I meant and was pretty worked up over the thing. I share the trail with them all the time so I am used to them and usually tell them to go on, get, and they do.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that is funny, so close he would have missed him anyway. Leave them alone and they will leave you alone

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for the story RD! I have not gotten to run the snow machines up that far, though we have ran snow cats towing big ol work sheds to and from equipment. Its no fun having to build a shelter over a broken tractor just to light a fire and warm it up enough to take the lug nuts off of the wheels, or to keep from shattering an impact wrench. One day soon Ill get back up there for a good hunt and some healthy fishing instead of work.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
every time i hear these stories i find myself looking up new hunts in alaska. i can't wait to get up there and knock a few animals off my super slam list

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another Lost Hog.I am still in the woods, came to the gate and hacked somebody's internet connection.. Got in my tree stand about 6:30, a little too warm, started to settle in and gave a couple low grunts to see if I could get a response. After about 15 minutes I heard a couple big hogs fighting in the brush about 100 yds away. They were really going at it, so I climbed down and headed that way on the trails I have. I got pretty close to where I heard them and could see the 15' tall weed tops moving and could hear small hogs grunting and pushing stuff around only about 15 yds away. Some were getting farther away so I held my ground for a bit then a big black head popped out of the brush crossing an old trail at maybe 30 feet, pulled up, found him/her in the scope and thought i had shoulder and let her rip. That 45-70 doesn't allow getting back on target real quick, couldn't have anyways. So al heck breaks loose, there are pigs running every direction bustin up the river bottom. I try to follow the weeds moving to find the one I shot. Wasn't the big boar, he is still fighting and screaming at the other hogs. I think I have her located, so I slip over to the edge of the weeds and something is crashing right at me, I level the gun and almost took out an armadillo, just about ran me over. Way too thick to go in, just not an option especially getting dark now. So I took out my frustration on a couple raccoons with my pistol. I have them hanging over a high limb with rope in front of a trail camera, should get some interesting pics from that. Going back in and sleeping in my pop-up blind for the night. Fun stuff. Maybe pics tomorrow.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Outstanding!!!! That is a tale of a lifetime. Excellent writing too. I could see it in my mind. The aggony of the cold night, fear for your dad crossing the river, the possibility of freezing or drowning to death from getting wet. All for some moose meat right?

Some might see it as that alone. I see it as having the ability to create memories and test one's abilities. I feel as though the people who do not hunt are missing out on such an incredible event our world has to offer. The pursuit of game has created more memories with family and friends than any other event I can think of.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can also learn more about yourself, your limitations, your ability to deal with crisis/environmental challenges, your level of self-reliance, as well as your weaknesses, and problem solving skills. Do I wish to repeat that hunt as experienced? NOT on your life !!! LOL