A New Boar Has Appeared

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Checked my trail cam today. Another boar has showed (shown?)up.
Not sure if he was with the big one the other night but he looks bigger than the one I couldn't get a shot on.
But... he was there 2 nights ago a little after 9 pm. I didn't feed yesterday and he didn't come until after midnight last night.
I fed today and am going back with a pole saw to trim branches, I have very limited shooting lanes now.
Maybe tomorrow night he will be back earlier, probably not tonight. If he is the one that was there the other night he may not show in the daylight. I may have to shoot him off camera. march 26 002.JPG march 26 113.JPG march 26 044.JPG

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You have a little honey hole, that seems to produce decent sized hogs one at a time . You take one and another one shows up in a couple days!! I would say you have this place figured out!! Hope to see him in a picture but not on all 4s!! BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Everything seems t
You have a little honey hole, that seems to produce decent sized hogs one at a time . You take one and another one shows up in a couple days!! I would say you have this place figured out!! Hope to see him in a picture but not on all 4s!! BANG BANG!!
Everything thing seems to be temporary so I have to take advantage of it while I still can. I have some of that "Hold em Honey" for deer. Do you think he might like some?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use deer cane powder for hogs so it just may...Good another target!!

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You didn't feed yesterday and that raccoon looks rather worried that his dinner plate is empty...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He just caught the 'coon before he put on his hog suit.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Svelte It Is !!! Definition of SVELTE
a : slender, lithe

b : having clean lines : sleek
: urbane, suave
svelte·ly adverb
svelte·ness noun
See svelte defined for English-language learners
See svelte defined for kids
Examples of SVELTE
  1. She has a svelte figure.
  2. <the svelte dancer seemed to float across the stage>
Origin of SVELTEmarch 26 035.JPG

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like my hogs dead.... Their appearance prior to death is of little concern. Although I would be amused if one showed up in a top hat and tails.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like my hogs dead.... Their appearance prior to death is of little concern. Although I would be amused if one showed up in a top hat and tails.
If that happens I am catching it! Hello my sweet heart, hello my honey, hello my rag time gal!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's like that at my dad's in Real Co. He has 2 feeders that throw corn at night about 1000 yds apart. A 100-150 lb boar and/or sow usually will regular one or both feeders until a larger boar finds the feeder. Then the larger one will dominate it and the other smaller pig or two will go to the other feeder or start coming at a different time. Then when someone shoots the larger "resident" boar the smaller one will dominate it for a few days or weeks until a new dominant boar will generally find the, now open, feeder and make it a nightly or every other night home. And likewise if I shoot the sow or smaller boar, the larger one will totally take over or another smaller boar will get sloppy seconds to the boar that's "claimed" said feeder.
As a side note, I also hunt a guys place a few miles down the road from my dad and he gets sounders coming in left and right and I haven't seen a boar over 150 lbs there ever (that part about the large boar on the other property is probably coincidental... But I have noticed a pretty regular pattern with pigs on camera at my dad's. and his property rarely gets a sounder that comes through. When he does it's usually a momma and her piglets for 1 night after some goood rain and that's only a few nights per year.
But good luck getting him Dan, video or not! Hopefully, after u get this one, a 300 liber takes over your feeder!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is interesting to try to figure out their next move. It also can be frustrating because just when you have them "patterned", they change. That is why time is of the essence when I see one on camera. I know I have to make a move but if I am too early in the pattern I risk getting "busted" by him in the dark with no NV, (usually leaving the stand) a day too late and he is moved on to greener acres. Will check camera this morning and feed and tonight should be the prime night.
I believe if there were feeders in the area this would not work for me but I don't know of any feeders near by. I have the only candy in town.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are hard to read... Had a sow full of piglets at a pig pipe for 3 nights in a row.... Sat up on it the fourth night. I heard her in the brush but she wouldn't come out... Might have winded me. Never came back.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was talking to TLM @ shot show... Said that sometimes after shooting them over corn they won't come to it anymore and have to change baits to get um to come in.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
dax, mine may wait a day or 2 but they always come back, even the same night at times

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sven the Svelte Hog has a problem with directions!
First night shows at 9:30 ish perfect
Next night at 12:30 ish figured it was because no food there from me
Last night 3:45 am. Apparently "what we have here is a failure to communicate"ranchhhh 011.JPG ! Backwards retarded hog. What was he thinking?
I may as well go at 7 am tomorrow.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
there you go, you need to be there at 4AM to catch him!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sven the Svelte Hog has a problem with directions!
First night shows at 9:30 ish perfect
Next night at 12:30 ish figured it was because no food there from me
Last night 3:45 am. Apparently "what we have here is a failure to communicate"View attachment 2163 ! Backwards retarded hog. What was he thinking?

You'll get him Dan. You are the pig trainer after all!