ew

did I really need to know that?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castoreum

Castoreum /kæsˈtɔriəm/ is the exudate from the castor sacs of the mature North American Beaver (Castor canadensis) and the European Beaver (Castor fiber). Within the zoological realm, castoreum is the yellowish secretion of the castor sac which is, in combination with the beaver's urine, used during scent marking of territory.[1][2] Both beaver genders possess a pair of castor sacs and a pair of anal glands located in two cavities under the skin between the pelvis and the base of the tail.[3] The castor sacs are not true glands (endocrine or exocrine) on a cellular level, hence references to these structures as preputial glands or castor glands are misnomers.[4] Castor sacs are a type of scent gland.

Today, it is used as a tincture in some perfumes[5] and as a food additive.

Food use[edit]

In the United States, castoreum is considered to be a GRAS food additive by the Food and Drug Administration.[10] It is often referenced simply as a "natural flavoring" in products' lists of ingredients. While it is mainly used in foods and beverages as part of a substitute vanilla flavour,[11] it is less commonly used as a part of a raspberry or strawberry flavoring.[12] The annual industry consumption is very low, around 300 pounds,[13] whereas vanillin is over 2.6 million pounds annually.[14]

Castoreum has been traditionally used in Sweden for flavoring schnapps commonly referred to as "Bäverhojt".[15]

Other uses[edit]

Castoreum is also used to contribute to the flavor and odor of cigarettes.[16]

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Next, he's gonna make his fortune squeezing butt-pimples on beavers for that puss-nectar. LOL

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castoreum

Castoreum /kæsˈtɔriəm/ is the exudate from the castor sacs of the mature North American Beaver (Castor canadensis) and the European Beaver (Castor fiber). Within the zoological realm, castoreum is the yellowish secretion of the castor sac which is, in combination with the beaver's urine, used during scent marking of territory.[1][2] Both beaver genders possess a pair of castor sacs and a pair of anal glands located in two cavities under the skin between the pelvis and the base of the tail.[3] The castor sacs are not true glands (endocrine or exocrine) on a cellular level, hence references to these structures as preputial glands or castor glands are misnomers.[4] Castor sacs are a type of scent gland.

Today, it is used as a tincture in some perfumes[5] and as a food additive.

Food use[edit]

In the United States, castoreum is considered to be a GRAS food additive by the Food and Drug Administration.[10] It is often referenced simply as a "natural flavoring" in products' lists of ingredients. While it is mainly used in foods and beverages as part of a substitute vanilla flavour,[11] it is less commonly used as a part of a raspberry or strawberry flavoring.[12] The annual industry consumption is very low, around 300 pounds,[13] whereas vanillin is over 2.6 million pounds annually.[14]

Castoreum has been traditionally used in Sweden for flavoring schnapps commonly referred to as "Bäverhojt".[15]

Other uses[edit]

Castoreum is also used to contribute to the flavor and odor of cigarettes.[16]
I don't speak the lingo must mean Beaver ass schnapps

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Histo did not mean to steal,your beaver post but it was too funny not too. I am humbled by the fact that you walked away to live your dream. I salute you!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Next, he's gonna make his fortune squeezing butt-pimples on beavers for that puss-nectar. LOL
If I never read the phrase "puss- nectar" again that will be just fine with me.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, we thought natural flavorings were our friends.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Histo did not mean to steal,your beaver post but it was too funny not too. I am humbled by the fact that you walked away to live your dream. I salute you!
It's actually not a beaver post. lol I think it started as a birthday post and well...you know the rest.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's actually not a beaver post. lol I think it started as a birthday post and well...you know the rest.
And, the birthday boy himself changed it to a beaver post.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice place Histo, awesome horse barn!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man I love that barn, great place! Congrats

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hot Diggity !!! Nice digs Kemosabe. Love that barn, yer all set and ready to go !! Congrats

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I could live in the Barn alone!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are going to have to plant a lot of flowering plants for the bees where the horses cannot eat them