A Lament from an OLD Hunter

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well you know I may get something to use but with all the videos on the net and being an older guy my goal is more to be in the outdoors, enjoy myself and have a good time. I would rather try out some affordable scopes for night hunting and be able to advise and help out folk who cannot afford the high dollar gear. I do believe the expensive scopes have a use and need for Pros like TLM but for average hunters(finances considered) like me, killing 30-50 hog a year and mostly for meat they are an unnecessary expense.

Maybe if I was a girl with a nice rack people would like my videos but since that is not the case, all I hope to do is talk about affordable and useful gear and share some pictures...That is what is really missing out there.

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
That's why I came to you with all of my questions about putting together my 6.8 and getting lights as an alternative to NV. You think like I do.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think more think like us that the market knows!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree with you. I actually have never been a night person and have little desire to shoot hogs at night right now. I get very sleepy after about 9 pm. I will get up and go at 4:30 am everyday, I have never set an alarm clock . I also can not afford a NV or Thermal sight at this point. I love the videos though!

chthump

LSB Member
Not far behind you in age Frank, the videos are definitely better than snap shots, I went so many times hunting and never fired one round, and still had a blast, its always better than setting on the couch. Keep on hunting.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am thinking when they roll me into the VA old age home, I will have some stories to tell and keep everyone entertained!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Frank,

Great write up. I'm not all the way into the video game, but I try to take every picture I can. When I was guiding I took pictures of every hunter and their game. There are a lot of people and events I would totally forget if I didn't have those pictures. Pictures may not be as exciting to people who were not at the event, but they are enough to trigger my memory and relive the event.

Maybe in the near future I will join the thermal scope arena and get into video editing. Heck, some video editing software is almost as much as the scopes!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Pictures will help me as my Alzheimer advances...boy I sure don't want that one, but a picture may help me remember the story...Thanks