A great example of an Alpha Sow.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In this video I had seen this sounder several times but the alpha sow was smart. She used cows for cover every time they left the high grass. Her weakness was crossing the private ranch road in the same spot every time. :cool: DON'T FORGET TO WATCH IN HD.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was super cool. That has to be one of the best sales tools for that W-1000 I have seen. I'm jealous of whoever is coming out to go hunting with you. :)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video, excellent explanation of what and why, love that W1000

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet that was hard to only shoot one, but I guess in the name of science.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was thinking that too, guests or not about 7-10 of those were dead...LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glenn tells me it wont make a difference. That the lead sow is replaced within 24 hours of the previous one dying and is likely to be just as smart. I would say that is the case in most groups. But every once in a while one stand's out as smarter than others to me. The main reason I tell people to kill the lead sow is the group will be confused and still wanting to follow her lead resulting in more kills. It's more of a right here right now tactic. This group was just spared so hopefully we will have targets. And yes it was hard not to shoot more.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another thing I have learned If I do spook them while driving in is to just keep driving past like nothing happened, then walk back and slaughter them. I think they are so used to vehicles driving past without seeing them that they do not run. If you stop and they have been pressured at all its over.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Continuing to go by and not stopping generally works, as you say they may be alerted by the truck but not spooked as if you stopped and got out.

dwa

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great video. I heard and seen the samething as far as alpha sow being replaced. My guess that one leading away from the crime scene will be the next on the list.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good video. Sure that was hard not to keep pulling the trigger lol.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
not stopping is right, I've seen them run when the driver lets off the gas , slight tone change in the noise.
I can crawl with my side by side to 150-200 yards, constant noise level, then I have to leave it running, if I shut it off there go the hogs

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes killing the engine hurts you also that's why you can hear my engine running in some videos.