6 year old gets first hawg

ranch dawg

GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry so late, my 6 year old grandson Dillon shot this on the last weekend of October. We spread a 100 lbs of corn out in front of our blind the day before hoping to get his first deer the following morning. As we approached the blind in the darkness, we walked into a large group of hogs. We have done this a few times before and they always run off. Well this morning was different. They ran to the feeder which is 70 yards in front of the blind. Once we get settled in the blind I shined our xlr250 green light on the feeder, the pigs were still there ! Its still about 30 mins before daylight and Dillon says he wants to shoot a pig instead of a deer. So when the sun came up he spots this pig laying down about 60 yards out his window. I had been watching several others that bedded down by the feeder. We get "his" AR15 topped with "his" EO Tech up and he takes the shot. Although he gut shot this pig he also took out the heart, lol. The pig never stood up, did the curly shuffle and was done.

ranch dawg

GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
101913611_zpse33d5a6b.jpg

This looks like one of the sounders we walked into, there was at least another sounder with just as many pigs as this one. Dillon says hes shooting the big black hawg next, hes on his way to the SUS VENATOR CLUB !

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dillon, you did a great job!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go Dillion! Thanks for taking our youth hunting Ranch Dawg!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... he's an ol' pro now ! Congrats.