6 hogs down

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got out for some hunting with the family tonight. The first ranch Michelle spotted a big boar cutting across a big field at a pretty high speed. She put several 6.8’s in him. We moved to another ranch in another county before we spotted another hog. Talon and I snuck up on a few on the creek bank. He shot a little sow right in the head unfortunately she flopped all the way into the creek, but we were able to get her out. In the next big field I spotted a big group of young sows. They spotted me before I could get to where I wanted to be. Now they were on the run, I was still able to drop two of them before they got away. WE had decided we were going to head home when we spotted another big group of hogs. They were a long ways off and there were obstacles in the way of us getting close before they got our wind. Leanna opted to take the shot from a little further than we normally do with Thermal. She dropped the first one right there! The rest scattered and she dropped a second hog. Five of the hogs tonight were sows and all would have given birth in about a month! Put a hurt on this bunch of hogs tonight!

1505469_639054386133258_96190927_n.jpg

1512692_639054466133250_1457494952_n.jpg

1512377_639054572799906_402066324_n.jpg

1477965_639054669466563_106674812_n.jpg

1504531_639054789466551_1896194625_n.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shootin guys, job well done!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely stacked pile of bacon for a night's outing. Congrats.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A family that shoots together stays together!!!

Very nice

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
congrats

that's a lot of glass on that gun, a magnifier, Eotech and a thermal I guess, geez....

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
yep sure is......AWESOME !

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd use that setup in a heartbeat love my eotech stuff!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would like to look through that setup sometime. EOtech makes quality stuff and I'm curious how that many pieces of glass stacked together looks.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
yea i'm using the Eotech with 3x magnifier and PVS-14 on one of my guns, but 3x at the 70 yards to my one feeder is tough sometimes, but that 5x magnifier for the PVS is megabucks, think I only paid about $150 for a new 3x. My Pulsar N750 is 4x, but has a digital magnifier that almost doubles it, messes some with the resolution, but not too bad

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just extra magnification??? post this in the night vision section so we dont totally hijack this thread. But I would like to discuss these more.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I'd use that setup in a heartbeat love my eotech stuff!

my issue is, why not run a regular scope instead of a $400 Magnifier and a $550 Eotech, could have variable power, etc.? Will it not work with the thermal? would be much more versatile, especially like one of my 2.5-10x50mm Weavers with illuminated dot

and i'm guessing it is just a thermal monocular and not a thermal scope, so why not a thermal scope instead, which can record video etc

sorry, if someone posts to the NV section, I'll add there

Last edited:

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We use the Magnifier and the EOTech during the day so we don't change. The guy that have used both like this setup best. The Thermal does have a reticle and can be used alone, but as I said this is our day time set up so we simply ad the thermal. Besides EOTech sponsors us so we use what they give us. HA!