6 Corn Thieves Down

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Had a difficult last few months hunting these. I had a very small window of opportunity to shoot them when they made their way from the brush to the corn field. Managed to get a few that way, but now I can finally let loose on them out in the open.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very nice! That was some good shooting and discipline to wait for the right shot.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am betting the buzzards will find 2 or 3 more hogs than you photo'd.
Pretty sure I counted 8 down. Good shooting.

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am betting the buzzards will find 2 or 3 more hogs than you photo'd.
Pretty sure I counted 8 down. Good shooting.

Yeah I think I hit a few more also. But no pics no kill right. The group was originally 13 or so. Only 4 came back out after the original shooting.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Good shootin'

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
since tlm doesn't follow the rules, no one has to. i gotta admit, you place your shots well. even at my ripe old age i still get so excited i can't control my breathing or my finger.

Well it was nerve wracking stumbling up to them through the crunchy stalks, but I managed to stay steady. There may have been a little luck involved.

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
Had a difficult last few months hunting these. I had a very small window of opportunity to shoot them when they made their way from the brush to the corn field. Managed to get a few that way, but now I can finally let loose on them out in the open.

Awesome video. What ya shooting? 6.8? Armasight scope? Or Pulsar?

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Awesome video. What ya shooting? 6.8? Armasight scope? Or Pulsar?

Thanks. I'm shooting a 308. Just using the cheap Perfecta ammo at the moment. Scope is an Armasight Zeus 640 42mm 30hz.

very nice! i kept wanting to say hurry up man, your batteries!! lol

Yeah I'm using one of those power banks and I guess it puts out voltage on the low end of the scopes requirements but it will last all night easily.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, more dead pigs than that. Nice hittin'.

LSB Active Member
Thanks. I'm shooting a 308. Just using the cheap Perfecta ammo at the moment. .

If you don't know about SGAmmo they are great. I am ripping the PMC Bronze 147 FMJ's right now for 62 c/round shipped. Even better when the Wolf 140 Soft Point comes off backorder at 38/round I will load up on that again. I've tested that along side Hornady American Whitetail 150's same result: bang flop even on a less than optical runner with a gut shot they are going down. With the results I've had with the Wolf I will use it on deer this season if I run out of my Hornady. You may not want to mess with steel some rifles are very finicky with it, but it runs flawlessly in my DI. Have hammered their fmj .223 through my AR 15's with great results too. I've got a buddy who has his 308 reloads down to 41 cents/round.....even he is about to switch over to the Wolf though if your rifle eats it hard to beat.

Great shooting on the vids!