6.8 12" 120gr CBB MKZ or 120gr SST

Discussion in 'Reloading and ammunition' started by Six8, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Six8

Six8 New Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

Hey guys just checking for an update. Is the verdict in on the Cavity Back 120gr MKZ round yet? Or should I go with the SST's in 120gr. This is for hogs. I've always shot 95gr TTSX in my 12 inch. But TEXASLAWMAN has got me thinking otherwise about these 120gr pills.
    Last I heard was from Oct 2016 and they had killed 25 hogs and did a great job.

2. hdfireman

hdfireman Blackstone Arms SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

I like the little lighter bullets in the SBR's. I run the 105 CBB MKZ and they have worked extremely well. With the cavity in the back of the MKZ's you can push them a little harder than the SST but the SST's cost less. If on a budget or shoot a lot then the SST might be better but I believe the CBB performs better

3. Six8

Six8 New Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

Ok cool. That's always been my take too, SBR = use lighter. I heard great things and saw them in that video about the 120gr even out of a SBR 12". That's what got me confused. But I needed to know about those CBB 105's too.

The budget isn't too much of a worry. I only get out hog hunting 1 trip a year mostly.

4. nonnieselman

nonnieselman LSB Member SUS VENATOR CLUB

I love the 105 CBB in a 12.5" 6.8.
    They havent let me down yet. Even took some whitetails out to 362 yards with them.

Six8 likes this.