500 pound boar

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no tricks here
294867_237501079621926_2985639_n.jpg
That's one fine hog there Glenn. Great set of cutters on him too.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have had a lot of hogs killed on our lease w a 5.56, I cannot give up my 6.8 though.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I use what Hornady sends me ammo for! running very low on 6.8

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tell them to get you loaded up on the 120SST

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Watched a piece on the "500lb" boar this AM on Fox News. They interview the hunter and showed several different pics of him with the hog. Two of the shots(pics)showed him holding different guns with a different scope/sights. One was definately some sort of NVD/Thermal . --- pruhdlr

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That's a big ass hog Glenn. I've been rethinking bullet selection, I think you're right on the varmint bullets, I think they work much better on a neck shot on taking out the nervous system. When stalking a group of hogs and all chaos breaks loose after the first shot and you're winging bullets, then maybe a regular hunting bullet works better.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You also have millions of them everywhere. Seems up in northern Florida the hogs are like the deer, they stay smaller . My buddy had a few monster sows that were producing more big hogs. He would leave 1 or 2 of the big sows and kill off the smaller sows. Kept the population low but over a year he would get some huge hogs walking around