500 pound boar

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just guessin

Farm raised and fed and got loose/not too many wild things get that size.

The russian boars in the Urual mountains do now and then

It is a big one

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Either photoshopped or fence kept and feed real well

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is a wild barr hog I am trying to catch up to, not 500, maybe not 300 but close
large boar.jpg

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That should make a good pork sandwich

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Now you've done it Frank. Everyone in north FL will be hunting your spot.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I am used to it, take a guest and they kill my favorite breeding sow after I say shoot NO sows!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe I can come hunt with you promise not to shoot sow..... Honest!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My friend up north had the same problem. His property is long and he stays to one end for the most part and people were shooting the hogs on the other end of his property. Ended up finding a few big sows just left for buzzard bait. What a waste

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Not sure what that hog weighed, but he's big no matter. He looks to be feral as well. Doesn't mean he isn't pen raised.

The boar in the picture below was 100% feral, 100% wild, free range and 100% boar. We had never seen him before not even on camera. However something was emptying the soy/corn feeders and protein feeders and they were having a problem with thieves. We decided to watch feeders which I hate! The one I chose to watch hadn't ran in months because someone tried to steal the timer. He showed up about 3 hours before sundown and about 10 minutes before a major storm. He weighed 553 on certified scales. I killed him in 2007 my biggest to date. However we have killed 3 that broke the 500 mark 2 were very old, this one was 5-6years old.
294867_237501076288593_6528128_n.jpg

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
no tricks here
294867_237501079621926_2985639_n.jpg

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Amazing a truly big hog no photoshop. Way big hog!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
here's the actual video from the hunt

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How in the world did you load that thing, I would have had to drag him to my skinning rack behind the truck and use that winch! Looked like a bear coming to the feeder!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
our rack at that time was about 10 inches off the ground. we drug him with the truck to a high spot hoping we could roll him on, NOT! We used ratchet straps to load him an inch or so at a time. One on each end and one in the middle. IT SUCKED! Before we could get to the main road it was raining so hard we couldn't see past the hood, 40+mph winds and hail!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That would have been my luck! Very nice hog, what were you shooting?

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
an old Ruger .243 100gr. corelokt 110 yard shot to the neck.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow, he went right down too...good shooting!

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
recently I've switched from my 6.8 to .223.........it's all in shot placement. Heck I even hit one bad the other day. It didn't go near as far as I would have figured using Hornady 53gr. V-max.