5.56 Tumbling/Keyholing??

marineimaging

LSB Member
One thing about is that your tumblers are consistent in terms of their penetration angle. It is very possible that the 5.56 is simply too large for your barrel. If it is marked for .223 as my CVA is, the 5.56 at 100yds is all over the place. I only shot it once, saw that the message boards and instructions were correct in that a barrel marked for .223 or .308 was not designed to shoot the mil spec 5.56 or 7.62.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That marking has to do with the chamber and not the barrel bore being to big or small.

marineimaging

LSB Member
I stand corrected as I was intending to infer the length of chamber related to the leade and not the diameter of the barrel. The 5.56 leade is more forgiving to .223 than a .223 marked barrel is to 5.56 creating potential differences in pressure. I will keep my limited firearm knowledge to myself from now on. LOL

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL. Good thing about this forum is we can all learn and share knowledge with each other.

marineimaging

LSB Member
Amen to that. (I should have been in church this morning but overslept for the first time in.... I don't remember but I was up till 2am with "old-mans syndrome" as in, can't sleep cause I am afraid I won't wake up and that was why I was up writing about .226 and 5.5.6 at midnight.) Mind you, I am comparing my current single shot CVA bench rested group to somebody else's whom I have no experience with so, without knowing more details I should just admonish myself and hush up. LOL

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
I have never heard of anyone going to sleep and not waking up for church ( ie. died in sleep), it's the other 6 days a week you need to worry about :D

marineimaging

LSB Member
It happened real frequently to my dad. Then, he got saved and now not only does he get up on time on Sunday, he actually attends business meetings. (I have no idea who that guy living with my mom is. LOL)