5 +13 Riders, And A Coyote

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went out with buddies last night to hunt hogs in Montague County. I served as the backup and secondary shooter, James being the primary. We got onto hogs 3 times. We shot at 5 hogs. We killed 5 hogs. The bonus riders were 9 on board with a 270 lb sow James shot and 4 more on a 210 lb sow I shot. After we parted, company, James managed to take a coyote as well.

James was shooting a Reap-IR on his 6.8 and really likes it. I got to look through it for a bit and was impressed with how will it performs. I am not sure about the non-specific S&B poly tip ammo he was shooting, however.

I was using a Sig Sauer Echo 1 on a .50 Beowulf, shooting some Hornady FTX 300 gr. bullets (1900 fps) that performed well. I had spent the morning checking out 5 different loads and the FTX was the best option to hunt with last evening. It did some significant damage and put down the hogs despite one of the shots being too high.

Here is the video. It is a bit long, but has 3 separate hunts ...

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have not been able to post. Computer did not like the move. But I am up and running again!!! Nice going guys! Loved the dancing porker and I do not think the 50 is a big enough gun??:) DANG!!!! Way to go guys! BANG BANG!!

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like your liking that .50! Nice shooting! Thanks for the video!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Shoot 'em and clean 'em with one pull of the trigger on that "nickel shooter". :cool:

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great vid Brian, that 50 thumps them! Was that the 110 PTS ammo he was using? I've been thinking about trying some but am thinking maybe not after that.

dman62

LSB Member
Love big bullets on critters. I'm interested to see how that Sig sight holds up to your 50. So far it's holding up better than the hogs are.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good hogs down!! Good video and shooting! Also great job with being safe on the hunt.

D

djones

i'm sitting here thinking how good those piglets would taste rolled up in a breakfast burrito

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i'm sitting here thinking how good those piglets would taste rolled up in a breakfast burrito
LOL... from "Throwed Off" to "Freeloader"... the ride continues.

D

djones

OMG i didn't notice till you said that! my sus hat is off to whomever did that. congrats!!!