40 SW Ruger Carbine

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg My buddies old 40 SW carbine. Had not seen It in several years. He brought it by after we were talking about it. I believe it is a Ruger Patrol Carbine.

dwa

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love my cough! Hi point 40 cal carbine. They are flat out fun!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A .40 would be a lot of fun. I would like something in 10mm

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I acquired this from him now. I am going to see if a gunsmith can thread the barrel for a suppressor. I plan on a picatinny rail mount and a red dot of some style.

I did shoot a small sow at 40 yards with it the other day with it using 180 gr Gold Dots. DRT.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll bet it works really with the 40 just like the 45's

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Where did the bullet hit

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome. Nice shot. Thanks for the report

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My 44mag Ruger carbine would be great for either case! Hornady 240gr XTP

dwa

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I was taking dead pigs hanging them up and shooting them from 50 yards. With Remington green box hollow points. No doubt that a 100 lb pig would be dead with a shot in the boiler room and likely exit if kept off the shoulder. Through shoulders it would break the entry shoulder and cause severe damage to the vitals with no exit.

I shot a 150 lb boar through the lungs entry was a 40 cal. Hole and tremendous damage to the lungs. Copper pieces were found in the off side meat under the skin. The next shot was through the shoulder it broke the shoulder and exploded inside the pig. The shot would have been fatal but I'm wondering if a pig standing with muscles engaged would effect the bullet differently. Flexed vs dead and relaxed.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love my 357 lever action. It's super accurate out to 100 yards where I have tested it and shooting cast it will punch a hole in a 2x4 well