4 shots, one miss, 4 pigs.

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
This property is adjacent to ours and the guy that leases ours (for cattle) also leases it. He gave me permission to hunt it, and I doubt it has been hunted in the last 20 years. This property feeds pigs into ours so I know it is loaded. Heavily wooded with mesquite, oak and cedar trees with some open spaces with grass, creeks, etc. No roads or trails, I just followed the muddy pig trails deep into the property. Came across one with its head down, maybe 30 feet, waited till I could get a side neck shot and dropped him. A few more scattered, one stopped about 20 feet further up the trail and I dropped him.(2 shots). Came across a few more and I hurried my shot and missed. (3 shots). Headed back and saw a young one and knew there were more. I stopped, the pig saw my movement ran and spooked all the others away. This one ran under a cedar tree about 25 feet away, I could make out his silhouette so I shot. I heard a instant scream and one came out of the tree wounded but the screaming remained under the tree. Had no idea there were two pigs under the tree. (4 shots) I was kneeling down on the last shot and started getting a severe hamstring cramp, I said f it, if I move I will miss the shot, so I just took the pain..........KentPig3.JPG KentPig4.JPG KentPig5.JPG KentPig6.JPG

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the daylight hogs! The cooler weather and rain I’m seeing more of them on my game cameras during the day. Just can’t seem to be there when they are. Good shooting!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Keep Tonic Water in your rig. The Quinine in it (in liquid form) gives relief very fast. If you're prone to leg cramps, a small bottle can be kept in the pack.

Good killin'.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tight workspace, but looks like a very productive property.

Congratulations on covering them…

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to mow them down! Nice Job!