4 Piglets with the 277 Wolverine and IR Hunter Mark II

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy HOGS!!!! That is a devastating round on those things!! Nice going!! BANG BANG!!

Lrtx1

LSB Member
Good deal, glad you cleaned up the future factories. Very impressive round.

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Excellent. Like most conscientious hunters, it was a little weird for me when I first started hunting hogs. Not eating everything you kill, using sophisticated electronics, shooting the little ones....
After years of trying to push them off the property and seeing the damage they do, I don't have a problem watching the little ones go splat because I know they are only a few months away from breeding.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't think any of them felt a thing.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dat slo mo doe...
Sorry my friend works for a company that classified anyone under 35 as a millennial...... What I meant was, nice work!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting ... happy hunting

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wonder about something. We ask bullet makers to design/build us "6.8 specific" bullets, because the .270 bullets are too long for our AR platform use, or the 6.8 round's capacity just doesn't provide enough speed to allow the .270 bullet to perform as designed. So, based upon specs obtained from SAAMI, bullet makers design/build us bullets to perform at 6.8 velocities. On the flip side, we're using guns which are non-typical (in capabilities) to the 6.8. We're not shooting SAAMI spec'd chambers/rifling. And, we're squeezing (consistently) more velocity from the 6.8. Some are not seeing good results from their reloading efforts. Enter the .277 Wolvie. Since it uses a 5.56 casing, it will inherently be a "little brother" due to capacity/speed development. However, with good specs, the performance is there... probably pushing a 6.8 pill at 6.8 SAAMI speeds. Result? Fine bullet performance.

My point? If we see less than favorable bullet performance, before blaming the bullet, maybe try loads at a lower velocity accuracy node and see if we see an improvement in bullet performance.

Good whackage there, making pig-bombs.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Exploding piglets! It doesn't get any better than that.
Great job on the two'fer Dave.

Dennis

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a great video. Good blasting. Man you like those wildcat Calibers.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was as impressive as blowing them up with tannerite. Nice going.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
RD, you are correct. The 277 Wolverine comes close to the 6.8 in performance. Those 85gr e-tip's are going 2650fps out of my 12.5" barrel. Last time I took that 208 pound sow with a shoulder shot and 20 yard recovery.

The e-tip didn't shoot that great out of my 6.8, but the 277 likes them.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent video love the explosive hit chucks got a love it. Great video. Can't wait to load some Six5 and test them . Your 277 is the real deal.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tannerite aint got nothing on you. Them piggies went POP.