4 little pigs

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Took a young couple out tonight. They are new to the area so invited them on a hog hunt. He showed up with an AR 10 and she had a 22 magnum. We drove around for a couple of hours and didn't see a thing so I told them we would go set up some lights in a neighbors front yard. The neighbor has been calling me to come kill the hogs out of his front yard for a couple of weeks so tonight seemed as good a night as any. We sat around and got to know everybody for a couple of hours waiting for the hogs to show up but all we got was deer. At about 10:00 I started hinting that it was time to go and just as I was about to pull the plug on my green light a sounder group of about 10 pigs walked into the light. He jumped back into the bed of the truck and grabbed his AR10 and I took a knee behind the driver side door with my 338 Spectre. I wasn't going to fire until they got a chance at them first. He started cutting loose with his AR and scattered the group and I started picking up the strays. I got 2 good kills and so did he. Many more were hit but not recovered. The buzzards will show us were they are tomorrow. I was shooting a 200 gr hornady at about 1600 fps out of my 338 Spectre and it was doing a pretty good job on these small pigs. He was using 308 Zombie max ammo and it was blowing large holes in the little pigs

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotta love it !!! The little .22 got no love tonight, eh?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow, you guys mean business with those bazookas! Congrats!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice! Love it when a plan comes together!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i noticed the zombie max ammo is loaded a little hot. i have a few boxes in every caliber they made except 300 whisper. when i shot a box through my 30-30 it was powerful. then i put a box through my .40 XD and same thing. im not sure if its supposed to be that way or it was produced so fast they didn't think about it. i just know its hot ammo and i can see it doing real damage

Boar Buster

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I havent shot any myself but after last night I would have to agree. I do know that the bullet is explosive.
The young lady on the 22 mag was too buisy telling us how cute the little pigs were before we cut loose. She became a non paticipant.lol
The buzzards showed us 2 more that made it to the cedars.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Zombie max bullets are relabeled V-max varmint bullets. They are designed to fragment.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
TLM, I emailed Hornady about the Z-max in 7.62x39 one time. They said it was SST bullets with a green tip instead of red. This was ONLY about the 7.62x39 though. I can't speak for any other caliber.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I asked about the 5.56 they said it was v-max. Guess there is no telling what you get.